sharing a dial-up connection

Say I make a dial-up connection (the two monitors and telephone icon) as one
user (eg. administrator)...I notice that this icon is not available to
another user on the same PC when I logoff admin and logon as the other user.

I could make an identical dial up connections for each user but I wondered
if there's a way to make a connection available for one user and have it's
working icon on the desktops of other users on the same pc when the logon.
ie. make it as admin and share it....

Thanks

Go to start, control panel, network connections and select new connection. I
assume you would then click next, either connect to the internet, the first
option, or the second, to connect to a vpn. Next select a dial up modem, or
if you made the vpn choice select vpn. Name your connection. On the screen
titled connection availibilty select "anyone's use". continue with the
install.
Hope this helps,
ofanged1

"leegold" wrote:

> Say I make a dial-up connection (the two monitors and telephone icon) as one
> user (eg. administrator)...I notice that this icon is not available to
> another user on the same PC when I logoff admin and logon as the other user.
>
> I could make an identical dial up connections for each user but I wondered
> if there's a way to make a connection available for one user and have it's
> working icon on the desktops of other users on the same pc when the logon.
> ie. make it as admin and share it....
>
> Thanks

Andy

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:55:27 -0400, "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
wrote:

>Say I make a dial-up connection (the two monitors and telephone icon) as one
>user (eg. administrator)...I notice that this icon is not available to
>another user on the same PC when I logoff admin and logon as the other user.
>
>I could make an identical dial up connections for each user but I wondered
>if there's a way to make a connection available for one user and have it's
>working icon on the desktops of other users on the same pc when the logon.
>ie. make it as admin and share it....
>
>Thanks

Start -> Settings -> Network and Dial-up Connections.
Drag the Dial-up Connection icon to the desktop.