Best Customer Service Experience

shultze

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I recently had a pretty good experience at Newegg. I received a CPU that was all jacked up and I sent it back for a replacement. I was complaining about it in another thread, and a rep from Newegg read my post, and asked me to email him my information. I emailed him, and this is the email I got today:

Mr. Shultz,
Thank you for contacting me. I apologize for not seeing your post earlier so you could have had this item by this weekend.
I voided your original rma and generated and Advanced Replacement RMA. What this means is that we will be shipping out the replacement today with UPS Next Day so you can receive it Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Your friend from Newegg, Joshua Key
Senior Customer Service / Public Image

So all in all, assuming that I get the CPU in good shape on Monday, I'm pretty damn pleased with Newegg's customer service (if not their shipping department).

People frequently post about customer service when they are pissed, but what about good experiences? Anyone want to share some uplifting, restoring faith in commerce and humanity customer service stories?

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
This stinks secret marketing tactics but w/e.
The best customer service i've got is with Sennheiser. They replaced my 350's without a sqeek.

shultze

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

having re-read my post, it does seem a little gushy. what can I say? when I wrote it I was riding the "I-just-got-new-electronical-stuff-from-the-UPS-man" high. It tends to make a man damn near giddy....

You are right on. Newegg has the best customer service I've ever dealt with. I've found some cheaper deals before on other sites, but it's not usually enough to outweigh my appreciation for newegg's customer support.

Lots of people will complain about bad customer service. You're right, more people should commend good customer service.

For example. I had a DOA part once from newegg. By the time I got around to fully diagnosing it, I was past my RMA period. I contacted newegg, and they agreed to accept the RMA still. I was happy about that. But not only did they accept the RMA, they sent me a pre-paid shipping label to send it back. It didn't cost them much, but it's priceless to me, to know that I have that kind of service.