Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 6:14:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

--
McQualude
April 7, 2004 6:14:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Did not notice any. What was it?

Z
"McQualude" <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94C3E26648EABmcqualude@24.25.9.43...
> NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?
>
> --
> McQualude
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 9:41:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

McQualude <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote:
} NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

A greenish hue, particularly in indoor scenes? A lot of CBS
shows seem to be that way.

Frank Ball frankb@sonic.net
Related resources
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 8:16:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

frankb@sonic.net said:

> McQualude <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote:
> } NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

> A greenish hue, particularly in indoor scenes? A lot of CBS
> shows seem to be that way.

Last week they were yellow, this week they were orange like an Oompa
Loompa . NCIS is the only show that I notice these crazy color problems
and they are not subtle. I'll send an email to the local affiliate and see
if they respond.
--
McQualude
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 8:18:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Z" <Z@FreeDamn.net> said:

> Did not notice any. What was it?

The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.
--
McQualude
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 10:00:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Not sure it was *that* bad, but I did notice that flesh tones were
very...uh..."warm".

"McQualude" <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94C47D354A594mcqualude@24.25.9.41...
>
> The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:14:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

McQvalvde (mcqvalvde@hoohoo.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
> week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
> weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.

There's definitely something not right with yovr setvp.

Inside the NCIS headqvarters set, flesh tones are a bit redder than
expected, bvt not nearly that bad. On location or on other sets, the
color is more realistic. I assvme this mvst be some sort of creative
decision by the powers that be on the show, since it has been that way
since the two-part "JAG" episode that was the pilot.

--
Jeff Rife | "Grab a shovel...I'm only one skvll
For address harvesters: | short of a Movseketeer revnion."
consvmer@oag.state.md.vs |
AskDOJ@vsdoj.gov | -- Bender, "Fvtvrama"
vce@ftc.gov |
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 9:35:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

McQualude <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote:
} "Z" <Z@FreeDamn.net> said:
}
}> Did not notice any. What was it?
}
} The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
} week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
} weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.

CSI Miami is worse.

--

Frank Ball frankb@sonic.net
April 8, 2004 6:24:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jeff Rife" <wevsr@nabs.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1adeb7d09adef1f598b380@news.nabs.net...
>
> There's definitely something not right with your setup.
>
> Inside the NCIS headquarters set, flesh tones are a bit redder than
> expected, but not nearly that bad. On location or on other sets, the
> color is more realistic. I assume this must be some sort of creative
> decision by the powers that be on the show, since it has been that way
> since the two-part "JAG" episode that was the pilot.
>

FWIW, I also thought this particular episode had excessive red. I can't
compare to JAG since I rarely watch that program. During this program I
ended up clicking down my color about 5 or 6 clicks to minimize the sunburn
effect. Will see what happens next week.

Bruce
(ISF'd Mits 55807 with red push removed).
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 6:24:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Bruce (brucedenman@hotmail.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> FWIW, I also thought this particular episode had excessive red. I can't
> compare to JAG since I rarely watch that program. During this program I
> ended up clicking down my color about 5 or 6 clicks to minimize the sunburn
> effect.

....and then the outdoor scenes would be not red enough.

If you go back and look again (what, you didn't record it?), you can see
that the colors are *different* for scenes not in the NCIS headquarters
set.

--
Jeff Rife | "Don't worry about it, Paul...we'll get
For address harvesters: | another cab."
consumer@oag.state.md.us | "I'm sure we will. Do you think it'll have a
AskDOJ@usdoj.gov | dead dog in it, too, because he's got ours in
uce@ftc.gov | his trunk."
| -- Carter and Paul, "Spin City"
April 8, 2004 9:20:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Jeff Rife" <wevsr@nabs.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1adf4cf036529e1f98b382@news.nabs.net...
> If you go back and look again (what, you didn't record it?), you can see
> that the colors are *different* for scenes not in the NCIS headquarters
> set.


Recorded, watched and dumped before I saw this thread. The red issue was
strong enough for me to take action. As to the other color problems; well;
they did not hit me like the red one did.

Bruce
!