NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

--
McQualude
12 answers Last reply

    Did not notice any. What was it?

    "McQualude" <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote in message
    > NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?
    >
    > --
    > McQualude

    McQualude <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote:
    } NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

    A greenish hue, particularly in indoor scenes? A lot of CBS
    shows seem to be that way.

    Frank Ball frankb@sonic.net

    frankb@sonic.net said:

    > McQualude <mcqualude@hoohoo.com> wrote:
    > } NCIS: Anyone else seeing weird colors in HDTV broadcast?

    > A greenish hue, particularly in indoor scenes? A lot of CBS
    > shows seem to be that way.

    Last week they were yellow, this week they were orange like an Oompa
    Loompa . NCIS is the only show that I notice these crazy color problems
    and they are not subtle. I'll send an email to the local affiliate and see
    if they respond.
    --
    McQualude

    "Z" <Z@FreeDamn.net> said:

    > Did not notice any. What was it?

    The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
    week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
    weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.
    --
    McQualude

    Not sure it was *that* bad, but I did notice that flesh tones were
    very...uh..."warm".

    McQvalvde (mcqvalvde@hoohoo.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
    > The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
    > week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
    > weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.

    There's definitely something not right with yovr setvp.

    Inside the NCIS headqvarters set, flesh tones are a bit redder than
    expected, bvt not nearly that bad. On location or on other sets, the
    color is more realistic. I assvme this mvst be some sort of creative
    decision by the powers that be on the show, since it has been that way
    since the two-part "JAG" episode that was the pilot.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Grab a shovel...I'm only one skvll
    For address harvesters: | short of a Movseketeer revnion."

    } "Z" <Z@FreeDamn.net> said:
    }
    }> Did not notice any. What was it?
    }
    } The characters were orange like Oompa Loompas, sans the green hair. Last
    } week they had bright yellow lips, the week before that it was some other
    } weird color variation. NCIS is the only show I see this color problem.

    CSI Miami is worse.

    --

    Frank Ball frankb@sonic.net

    > There's definitely something not right with your setup.
    >
    > Inside the NCIS headquarters set, flesh tones are a bit redder than
    > expected, but not nearly that bad. On location or on other sets, the
    > color is more realistic. I assume this must be some sort of creative
    > decision by the powers that be on the show, since it has been that way
    > since the two-part "JAG" episode that was the pilot.

    FWIW, I also thought this particular episode had excessive red. I can't
    compare to JAG since I rarely watch that program. During this program I
    ended up clicking down my color about 5 or 6 clicks to minimize the sunburn
    effect. Will see what happens next week.

    Bruce
    (ISF'd Mits 55807 with red push removed).

    Bruce (brucedenman@hotmail.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
    > FWIW, I also thought this particular episode had excessive red. I can't
    > compare to JAG since I rarely watch that program. During this program I
    > ended up clicking down my color about 5 or 6 clicks to minimize the sunburn
    > effect.

    ....and then the outdoor scenes would be not red enough.

    If you go back and look again (what, you didn't record it?), you can see
    that the colors are *different* for scenes not in the NCIS headquarters
    set.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Don't worry about it, Paul...we'll get
    For address harvesters: | another cab."

    > If you go back and look again (what, you didn't record it?), you can see
    > that the colors are *different* for scenes not in the NCIS headquarters
    > set.

    Recorded, watched and dumped before I saw this thread. The red issue was
    strong enough for me to take action. As to the other color problems; well;
    they did not hit me like the red one did.

    Bruce

HDTV TV Home Theatre