sp4 - continuos network use after installation - help

After i intall win2k SP4 on a IBM laptop - it installs apparently OK. I have
a dial-up so it does take a few hours.

What I notice is that now when ever i dial up my ISP there is a constant
network use even w/no processes running.. This only happens after sp4
install - and i've tried this twice and exactly same thing happens after
sp4. There's something causing a continuous netework use even hours after
logging on my isp - any idea what it could be?

Should i use netstat an find the PID?

I scanned for spyware and virus but seems cleam...

Thanks

matt

which virus and spyware scanners did you use?
I would atleast use Ad-Aware and Spybot -- S&D.
if nothing else, I would try using either netstat or task manager (or both)
to find the offending processes.