Stop command line window from closing

Junior

After running a command line prompt, the "DOS" window automatically
closes. How do I keep it open? Win XP Pro.
Thanks

junior wrote:
> After running a command line prompt, the "DOS" window automatically
> closes. How do I keep it open? Win XP Pro.

How are you starting this "cmd prompt"? Batch? Start -> Run? Other?

For example.. From Start -> Run you could type 'cmd /k command'
( cmd /k ipconfig /all )

--
<- Shenan ->

Junior

That did the trick.
I was just using Start > Run 'ipconfig /all'

Thanks much!

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:22:34 -0600, "Shenan Stanley"
<news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:

>junior wrote:
>> After running a command line prompt, the "DOS" window automatically
>> closes. How do I keep it open? Win XP Pro.
>
>How are you starting this "cmd prompt"? Batch? Start -> Run? Other?
>
>For example.. From Start -> Run you could type 'cmd /k command'
>( cmd /k ipconfig /all )
>
>--
><- Shenan ->

Go to Start | Run and type
cmd
and click OK. In the Command Window type
ipconfig /all

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

<junior@senior.invalid.net> wrote in message
> That did the trick.
> I was just using Start > Run 'ipconfig /all'
>
> Thanks much!
>

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:22:34 -0600, "Shenan Stanley"
> <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:
>
>> junior wrote:
>>> After running a command line prompt, the "DOS" window automatically
>>> closes. How do I keep it open? Win XP Pro.
>>
>> How are you starting this "cmd prompt"? Batch? Start -> Run?
>> Other?
>>
>> For example.. From Start -> Run you could type 'cmd /k command'
>> ( cmd /k ipconfig /all )
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->

Type in the start box: cmd and press enter. Now in the blackscreen you
get (known as a dos-box) type the command: ipconfig /all and the screen
stays open.

Cheers,

Robert
<junior@senior.invalid.net> wrote in message
> That did the trick.
> I was just using Start > Run 'ipconfig /all'
>
> Thanks much!
>

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:22:34 -0600, "Shenan Stanley"
> <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:
>
>>junior wrote:
>>> After running a command line prompt, the "DOS" window automatically
>>> closes. How do I keep it open? Win XP Pro.
>>
>>How are you starting this "cmd prompt"? Batch? Start -> Run? Other?
>>
>>For example.. From Start -> Run you could type 'cmd /k command'
>>( cmd /k ipconfig /all )
>>
>>--
>><- Shenan ->

maybe I should update more often instead of posting answers already there
(and twice even...) Sorry for doubleposting people...

Cheers,

Robert

"PaddyBob" <PaddyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Type in the start box: cmd and press enter. Now in the blackscreen you
> get (known as a dos-box) type the command: ipconfig /all and the screen
> stays open.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert
> <junior@senior.invalid.net> wrote in message
>> That did the trick.
>> I was just using Start > Run 'ipconfig /all'
>>
>> Thanks much!
>>

>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:22:34 -0600, "Shenan Stanley"
>> <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:

>>>How are you starting this "cmd prompt"? Batch? Start -> Run? Other?
>>>
>>>For example.. From Start -> Run you could type 'cmd /k command'
>>>( cmd /k ipconfig /all )
>>>
>>>--
>>><- Shenan ->

Junior