System recovery

Is there an equivalent to the 'System Recover' function in XP for Windows
2000? We had a computer here at work freeze up; the user rebooted but seems
to have lost all his personal settings (i.e., Internet Explorer home page;
his desktop photo; ALL email addresses, etc.).

Nope, not native to Windows 2000. You may find the files in the old
profile, as it sound like profile corruption. Look in Documents and
Settings folder for the profile files.

Betsy G. wrote:
> Is there an equivalent to the 'System Recover' function in XP for Windows
> 2000? We had a computer here at work freeze up; the user rebooted but seems
> to have lost all his personal settings (i.e., Internet Explorer home page;
> his desktop photo; ALL email addresses, etc.).

Bummer. I already looked in the Doc/Settings folder with no luck. Thanks
for the prompt reply, though.