7800GT having "No Signal" issues with LCD!!!

kleners

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Hello Im having an issue. starting yesterday My ACER 24"LCD starts showing in a grey box "NO SIGNAL" yet i have video. The screen works perfect I see everything. Just has a box in the middle of the screen NO SIGNAL. I freaked cause this monitor is 2 months old.

I switched the monitor to my other machine. and it works perfect. I just cant play games at native 1900x1200 with more than 2-8FPS. I plug my crt to my PC with the DVI/VGA adapter and it works fine. So it sounds like the DVI info is having issues

Ok So i reinstalled my drivers changed resolutions. Installed a new power supply. Still it shows no signal.

... just for information.

It sits for 1 minute before showing it. then NO SIGNAL shows for 3 minutes then the screen flashes off then-on. and it works fine for 1 minute before showing no signal again. it will do this over and over. non stop.

Sorry if my wording is crazy and bad format im just realy pissed off that my video card DVI port seems to be having problems.

mpjesse

Splendid
Have you tried the other DVI port?

BTW, how's that LCD? 1920x1200 at 24 inches... mmm... <drools>

I'd give my left testicle for that screen. First thing i'd do is hook it up to my HDTV DVR and watch CSI at 1080i.