Sign in with
Your question

New build ram and motheroard?

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2007 1:02:56 AM

I was looking at getting the evga 680i motherboard for my new system since the sata problems have now been fixed I believe by a new bios. The other problem with heat sink backer plates if that applies to the tuniq tower 120 now that I know it is there i should be easily able to modify the back plate to work from what I have read online. My biggest concern is what ram to run with this motherboard and configuration. This will be my first system that I have built with the intention of overclocking and I am very uncertain about what ram to use. I know I want 2 x 1 GB sticks of ram but am unsure as to what brand or timings of ram I need. I was thinking of trying to overclock in the range of 3GHz to 3.4GHz any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much set on buying
an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 for the processor
I have already got these components
Tuniq tower 120
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W power supply
Antec P180b
7600 GS

More about : build ram motheroard

January 5, 2007 1:09:42 AM

I would recommend this ram, pretty cheap, super low timings, and it uses the D9 Micron chips, the same stuff highend corsair ram uses, so they'll oc really well.
January 6, 2007 12:00:11 AM

Apparently according to what I have read on new egg the supertalent you listed no longer use the D9 Micron chips :( . I am now looking at Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) this is at the high end of my budget which is 200-300 dollars but i think it does use the D9 micron chipset and according to the new egg reviews it seems to work with the evga 680i.

Any thoughts on this ram would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your input so far.
!