How to run a scheduled task from SYSTEM account

I want tor un a task using SYSTEM account instead my account. I go in
Scheuled task and Add New SCheudled Task

Under Run as, one specifies accoutnt, I specify as SYSTEM. It then asks for
password, since there is no password. I do not enter anything.

However when job gets run, it gives me an error message:
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
"mytasktest.job" (CMD.EXE) 7/18/2005 5:40:00 PM ** ERROR **
The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
therefore, the task did not run.
The specific error is:
0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
[ ***** Most recent entry is above this line ***** ]

How does then one run the job as SYSTEM.

I think you can't.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223375

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Prem Mehrotra" wrote:
|I want tor un a task using SYSTEM account instead my account. I go in
| Scheuled task and Add New SCheudled Task
|
| Under Run as, one specifies accoutnt, I specify as SYSTEM. It then asks
for
| password, since there is no password. I do not enter anything.
|
| However when job gets run, it gives me an error message:
| Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
| "mytasktest.job" (CMD.EXE) 7/18/2005 5:40:00 PM ** ERROR **
| The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
| therefore, the task did not run.
| The specific error is:
| 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
| Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
| [ ***** Most recent entry is above this line ***** ]
|
| How does then one run the job as SYSTEM.

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The AT command is definitely the way to go.

I did find however that using a batch file as a startup script in a GPO
was the most effective method of running the AT command.

You can.....
just put NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM into runas field and you can use task manager intead at.exe

Radek