ASUS 680I does not support QX6700?

ssnzh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Hey guys:

I'm so headache with a problem which is my ASUS 680I (striker extreme) doesnt support INTEL QX6700.

ASUS has released a lastest BIOS version which is 0701 by 20/12/2006 and I have upgraded already.

the montherboard box says: FULLY SUPPORT INTEL QX6700 and I can see the processor information is correct in BIOS interface that is: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD XXXX which means the montherboard detected my CPU, the same information I can see that in WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 and CPU-Z 1.38.

however, there only two cores are working at the monent in winxp, cos only two cores shows in windows task manager, but actually should be shows four cores.

I have been reinstalled windows xp few times even windows vista, but still same.

I believe the QX6700 doesnt have any problem because I've checked by intel CPU ID software and the cpu is retail ver and was sealed.

I have chekced so many times in bios or guide book which like any switch to enable or disable four core and the answer is NO!

I have runned few times of 3D MARK 06, the CPU score is strange which only around 2500 same as E6700, the real QX6700 should be between 4500-5500, so I'm sure the two of them cores are unable to work at the monent.

please help me!

thank you so much!