Are ATX12v v2.2 compatable with v1.2?

captrespect

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
So yesterday my computer stopped booting. I figured out the PSU went bad and ran to Best Buy to grab a new one. I picked up the Antec TruePower Trio 650 watt, figuring it would work.

I plug it all in and nothing. Then I notice the v2.2 on the Antec box.

I've got a D865PERL Mobo, which says that it is ATX12v 1.2 compatable, is the ATX12v v2.2 not backwards compatable with this motherboard, or did I buy a DOA PSU?

Luckly I found an old working PSU in my closet, but what do I do about this new one?

Thanks,
CaptRespect

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Usually it should work. I´ve seen some 24 pin ATX2.2 PSUs with the four last connectors removable. Yesterday i connected a 24 pin PSU to a 20 PIN mainboard. Worked like a charm.

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Yes it's compatible, providing it has enough amps on each rail (which it shoud at that wattage).

I would speculate that you had figured wrong when you assumed the PSU "went bad", or maybe the psu did go bad and has killed more parts in the process. Try clearing CMOS with PSU unplugged, then plug it in for 10 seconds, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it in and try again. This unplug/replug seems to clear some logic sometimes, when it might not work if you just plugged it in once.

captrespect

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
Thanks, I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Like I said I got my PC up and running again using and old PSU I found in my closet. I know the one I had in there went bad because the computer had no power unless I whacked the psu with a screwdriver when I had it out of my case.

Thanks again,
CaptRespect