telnet to localhost

I have a mail server and also the sMTP service is enabled. on this server i
don't have any isa server, i want to telnet to other smtp server , but
connecttion failed happens, i even can not telnet to localhost
telnet 127.0.0.1 25
Could not open a connection to host on port 25 : Connet failed

but in this server i can send email without problem
how can i debug the problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about telnet localhost

    nnmmss wrote:

    > I have a mail server and also the sMTP service is enabled. on this server i
    > don't have any isa server, i want to telnet to other smtp server , but
    > connecttion failed happens, i even can not telnet to localhost
    > telnet 127.0.0.1 25
    > Could not open a connection to host on port 25 : Connet failed
    >
    > but in this server i can send email without problem
    > how can i debug the problem?

    Is there a telnet server running on the target machine?

Telnet Servers Windows