telnet to localhost

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 19, 2005 7:45:06 AM

I have a mail server and also the sMTP service is enabled. on this server i
don't have any isa server, i want to telnet to other smtp server , but
connecttion failed happens, i even can not telnet to localhost
telnet 127.0.0.1 25
Could not open a connection to host on port 25 : Connet failed

but in this server i can send email without problem
how can i debug the problem?

More about : telnet localhost

July 19, 2005 11:04:22 AM

nnmmss wrote:

> I have a mail server and also the sMTP service is enabled. on this server i
> don't have any isa server, i want to telnet to other smtp server , but
> connecttion failed happens, i even can not telnet to localhost
> telnet 127.0.0.1 25
> Could not open a connection to host on port 25 : Connet failed
>
> but in this server i can send email without problem
> how can i debug the problem?

Is there a telnet server running on the target machine?
!