Update of motherboard chipset driver

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Hi all,

I was told that it's possible to update the main board chipset driver in
windows. I'd like to know how is it been done?

TIA
Alex

dl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

By going to web site for your mobo manu, and checking updates specific to
your model.
PS It is often said that hw should'nt be updated unless it cures a problem
or increases functionality

Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was told that it's possible to update the main board chipset driver in
> windows. I'd like to know how is it been done?
>
> TIA
> Alex

Follow the specific instructions provided by the motherboard
manufacturer, the same instructions that should have accompanied the new
driver software.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Thanks to Bruce & DL,

I've checked from the board's website and there's a Intel(R) chipset
software installation utility. I guess that's to update the chipset's
driver, right?

TIA
Alex

Alex wrote:
> Thanks to Bruce & DL,
>
> I've checked from the board's website and there's a Intel(R) chipset
> software installation utility. I guess that's to update the chipset's
> driver, right?

If that's what the web site says it's for.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

alex

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

However, it only mentions that it's an updated Inter chipset software
though. But anyway, thanks Bruce. =)

> Alex wrote:
> > Thanks to Bruce & DL,
> >
> > I've checked from the board's website and there's a Intel(R) chipset
> > software installation utility. I guess that's to update the chipset's
> > driver, right?
> >

> If that's what the web site says it's for.
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm