HP6315 new ROM BT3500 stack issue

April 1, 2005 7:06:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

For those who have the TMobile HP6315 service and are downloading
and installing the new ROM update from <http://www.t-mobile.com/hpupdate&gt;
(ROM 1.10.08 ENG) note the following issue:

If you've already used the BT3500 stack to resolve some of the
bluetooth issues, be aware that the ROM update seems to not overwrite
the 3500 version of the bluetooth software which was installed.

The symptom was that BT was totally dead.

The cure is a hard reset after updating the ROM (and then restore
your device from backup).

This seems to get the whole 3701 bluetooth software loaded properly,
since the mix of 3500 and 3701 stuff doesn't work at all.

--
What more can you be than the things they say you've been?
-- Mick Hucknall

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Actually, the problem happens when you do the full restore after the
upgrade. The 3500 stack overwrites the 3700 stack but is incompatible with
the other ROM changes. The solution is to do a partial restore (Data only)
and reinstall al other apps. That is the path I took and have had no
problems with my 6315 since the upgrade.

Geoff N. Hiten

"curtsybear" <Curtis@Sieber.com> wrote in message
> For those who have the TMobile HP6315 service and are downloading
> and installing the new ROM update from <http://www.t-mobile.com/hpupdate&gt;
> (ROM 1.10.08 ENG) note the following issue:
>
> If you've already used the BT3500 stack to resolve some of the
> bluetooth issues, be aware that the ROM update seems to not overwrite
> the 3500 version of the bluetooth software which was installed.
>
> The symptom was that BT was totally dead.
>
> The cure is a hard reset after updating the ROM (and then restore
> your device from backup).
>
> This seems to get the whole 3701 bluetooth software loaded properly,
> since the mix of 3500 and 3701 stuff doesn't work at all.
>
> --
> What more can you be than the things they say you've been?
> -- Mick Hucknall
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:45:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

I have a Jabra250 that was pretty much useless under the original stack,
good under the 3500 stack, and great with the 3701 stack. I am very happy
with the ROM upgrade. Now if we could get TMobile to build an extended ROM
update to clean up the junk this would be a fantastic device.

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:16:17 -0500, Geoff N. Hiten <sqlcraftsman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Actually, the problem happens when you do the full restore after the
>> upgrade. The 3500 stack overwrites the 3700 stack but is incompatible
>> with
>> the other ROM changes. The solution is to do a partial restore (Data
>> only)
>> and reinstall al other apps. That is the path I took and have had no
>> problems with my 6315 since the upgrade.
>
> You are right. However, I have a cheapo "Just Wireless" bluetooth
> headset which worked fine(ish) under the 3500 stack and isn't found
> at all by the 3701 bluetooth code. I'm supposing that everyone
> ELSE spent real money on their bluetooth headset and are not having
> any difficulty whatsoever?
>
> --
> "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in
> no other way." -- Mark Twain
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:19:02 AM

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:45:45 -0500, Geoff N. Hiten <SRDBA@careerbuilder.com> wrote:
> I have a Jabra250 that was pretty much useless under the original stack,
> good under the 3500 stack, and great with the 3701 stack. I am very happy
> with the ROM upgrade. Now if we could get TMobile to build an extended ROM
> update to clean up the junk this would be a fantastic device.

Actually I've gotten the headset to attach again but I'm not having
the greatest luck in keeping the two talking after one or the other
drops connection or powers down.

As an aside, I'm certain I'm not the only one to have an issue
where the bluetooth manager refuses to launch until the calendar
is exited? Under the IPAQ wireless app, hitting the Manager button
for bluetooth often resulted in nothing. Hit again, nothing.
Again, etc. Go into settings->'running programs' and force the
calendar to exit and suddenly I've got 3 or more bluetooth managers
running...

--
"There's one thing worse than being alone: wishing you were."
-- Bob Steele