Slow PC's - sudden slowdowns, freezing, etc.

We are experiencing this after completing a fresh install and then all the
posted patches from MS. All of our new PC's (Intel 2.8Ghz with the Intel
D865GLCL MB and a 40GB WD HDD w/ 512MB RAM PC3200 @ ) have the same problem,
regardless if we us a Ghost image or do a fresh install. All we run on them
is 2000 SP4, IE 6.0, Office XP SP3. We're in the middle of a 20+ PC rollout
and we're dead in the water becuase these things are running slower than the
PIII 450Mhz they're replacing!!! Interesting, PC's we got months earlier
with a different MB seem to be immune... however, can't find any posted
issues with this batch of MB's, so we think Windows may be the issue. No
virii, no spyware, checked everything we can think of. (CPU temp, defrag,
etc, no help)

Some of these affected PC's only have SP3 on them, which rules out some
rumblings I've heard about problems with the SP4 Sec. Rollup... but does
anyone else have any ideas?

"CanadianPreacher" <CanadianPreacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8E8FD08A-131A-4DB2-B22F-ADD94018C51F@microsoft.com...
> We are experiencing this after completing a fresh install and then all the
> posted patches from MS. All of our new PC's (Intel 2.8Ghz with the Intel
> D865GLCL MB and a 40GB WD HDD w/ 512MB RAM PC3200 @ ) have the same
problem,
> regardless if we us a Ghost image or do a fresh install. All we run on
them
> is 2000 SP4, IE 6.0, Office XP SP3. We're in the middle of a 20+ PC
rollout
> and we're dead in the water becuase these things are running slower than
the
> PIII 450Mhz they're replacing!!! Interesting, PC's we got months earlier
> with a different MB seem to be immune... however, can't find any posted
> issues with this batch of MB's, so we think Windows may be the issue. No
> virii, no spyware, checked everything we can think of. (CPU temp, defrag,
> etc, no help)
>
> Some of these affected PC's only have SP3 on them, which rules out some
> rumblings I've heard about problems with the SP4 Sec. Rollup... but does
> anyone else have any ideas?

Try Flashing the Bios: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/lc/lc_bios.htm

Thermal Throttling ?
Contact Intel MB Support !