Anyone use unofficial SLI on intel chipset boards?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
Anyone build an unofficial sli systems on intel chips sets - i was looking for posts on experiences. Anyone build one and game it hard? Is it reliable?

Since the R600 (AMDATI 8800 killer) is late, I may have to install nvidia cards on vista upgraded machines for direct x10. Normally, I would use a nvidia chipset, especially since the 680i and 650i is out and roxs!

Appreciate any feedback if you have built and ran such systems!

WarpedSystems "the need4speed"

technology-sponge

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I think one harwdare site did it once, with a DFI board, it has similar performance to a true SLI, (well actually abt 15% less, but still ebtter than single card).

They had to hack the drivers tho, and it didn;t work with all games.

4745454b

Titan
Since the R600 (AMDATI 8800 killer) is late, I may have to install nvidia cards on vista upgraded machines for direct x10. Normally, I would use a nvidia chipset, especially since the 680i and 650i is out and roxs!

Huh? There is no problem with running Nvidia cards on the 680/650i. Thats an Nvidia chipset that "roxs", not Intel. I've heard of people who have got SLI to work on CF motherboards, but I've been told to stay away. Not only can it be buggy, but you have to use the hacked drivers. This makes upgrading the drivers a PITA.

Last, what do you mean by "vista upgraded machines for direct x10."? If you want to run DX10, why not just wait for r600, Vista, and some games? I wouldn't be worrying about moving to DX10 for at least another 4-5 months. (assuming any games show up soon...)