unable to term serv connect to W2k Server - in administrat..

have Windows 2000 server - ( is a file and print server ). is NOT a term
server.
using the admin term server connections.

just started having problem of beening unable to do a remote connection
into this server.
has been working great till last week.

get error message -

The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the
licensing protocol.
Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your system
administrator.

If I reboot the w2k server, I can RDP in ok. After server has been running
a while, I am unable to RDP in.

any ideas? thanks

In news:ORezeEOjFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
msnews.microsoft.com <not_valid2@yahoo.com> typed:
> have Windows 2000 server - ( is a file and print server ). is NOT a
> term server.
> using the admin term server connections.
>

> just started having problem of beening unable to do a remote
> connection into this server.
> has been working great till last week.
>
> get error message -
>
> The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in
> the licensing protocol.
> Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your
> system administrator.
>

> If I reboot the w2k server, I can RDP in ok. After server has been
> running a while, I am unable to RDP in.
>

> any ideas? thanks

Sounds like someone installed TS in application mode. Check the server.
Admin mode doesn't care about a licensing server, and doesn't generate this
message.