PPC 2003 Phone VPN & GPRS

April 1, 2005 11:34:23 AM

I have been trying to use my PPC to connect to my works PPTP VPN. The
GPRS is connected, then I get an error message saying that the VPN
server may not be configured correctly? has anyone any suggestions on
how to tackle this?
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:18:39 PM

Do you know what kind of vpn server your company is running? It may not be
the case with you're situation but there have been some discussion on pocket
pc devices not connecting to linux based PPTP servers. Also you should make
sure that your data plan allows full access to the internet. When I had
T-Mobile I had to call them and have them change my configuration so I could
access vpn's over gprs.

rights...

"Tom Jericho" <robin.mobile@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to use my PPC to connect to my works PPTP VPN. The
> GPRS is connected, then I get an error message saying that the VPN
> server may not be configured correctly? has anyone any suggestions on
> how to tackle this?
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:18:44 PM

"Eric Hicks [MVP]" <i'm@home.with.u> wrote in message news:<u4N8ymxNFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> Do you know what kind of vpn server your company is running? It may not be
> the case with you're situation but there have been some discussion on pocket
> pc devices not connecting to linux based PPTP servers. Also you should make
> sure that your data plan allows full access to the internet. When I had
> T-Mobile I had to call them and have them change my configuration so I could
> access vpn's over gprs.

Yes, the vpn is a linux based pptp & ipsec server. I'll look into this
more, thanks fo the tip.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:26:55 PM

Here (http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-pocketpc.h...) is some
information I found on getting L2TP/IPSec linux server going with a windows
mobile device. It may be of some help to you but I haven't tried it so
YMMV.

!