Disabling Logon dialog box

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 20, 2005 10:25:02 AM

Hopefully this is a sinple question. How do I disable the logon dialog box
so the user doesn't have to enter a username and password? I've unchecked
the box for "Require users to press CTL-ALT-DEL before logging on." in the
Control Panel under Users and Passwords but that just disable the CTL-ALT-DEL
screen and the user still has to enter a username and password.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:06:58 PM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:25:02 -0700, jrd <jrd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hopefully this is a sinple question. How do I disable the logon dialog box
>so the user doesn't have to enter a username and password? I've unchecked
>the box for "Require users to press CTL-ALT-DEL before logging on." in the
>Control Panel under Users and Passwords but that just disable the CTL-ALT-DEL
>screen and the user still has to enter a username and password.

You need to enter a UsetrName and Password when logging onto a domain.

You can set each computer to autolog,

See tip 4 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
!