Can’t_assign_unallocated_HD_spac

I have a new 80GB hard drive that is behaving strangely.
Problem #1, Win2k only recognizes the drive to be 74.53 GB, Why?
Problem #2, I have 6.5 GB of unallocated space that cannot be assigned, why?
When I use Computer Manager > Disk Management and right click on the
unallocated space, all of the formatting options are grayed out.

RobG_money wrote:

> I have a new 80GB hard drive that is behaving strangely.
> Problem #1, Win2k only recognizes the drive to be 74.53 GB, Why?
> Problem #2, I have 6.5 GB of unallocated space that cannot be assigned, why?
> When I use Computer Manager > Disk Management and right click on the
> unallocated space, all of the formatting options are grayed out.

Might not even able to be allocated since some HD tracks are
held typically held in reserve as replacement tracks, usually
in ATA-IDE hard drives.