Sign in with
Your question

im sick of this

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • EVGA
Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2007 7:32:37 AM

i bought a evga 680 mb and my zalman 9700 wont fit on it unless i mod the blackplate thingy........i can broke the resistors thingy on the motherboard doing this...just cause im not good at it......so i ordered a bigtyphoon VX (i hope it will fit well).....thanks evga for your amazingly bugged, hardly compatible motherboard. anyone else sick of these manufacturers who do not study their product with the tiers products on the market ? one more time again its the customer who pays for such lazy attitude from theses riches brands.

More about : sick

January 5, 2007 12:28:06 PM

crap happens, waste of time to let it ruin your week. :D  , but in all fairness i get pissed about that kinda stuff too.
January 5, 2007 12:34:12 PM

Sorry that happened to you. If you frequent the boards here though its been said many times that the Zalman and some others won't fit without modification. Its not just the EVGA board either its the reference design itself.

Like I said, hate you wasted some precious time but maybe the lesson learned is to never assume and do more research before buying a product. If you take that info into the future you can avoid things such as this with later builds.
January 5, 2007 12:40:31 PM

yes i have read great reviews about this cooler.i like the clip system.. i just hope i ll be able to install it + mcp heatsink sold with the mb.
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2007 12:49:09 PM

While I can sympathize with you, all I really have to say is; do your research before buying your hardware and do not assume it will all fit together. It's not EVGA's responsibility for making sure all your parts worked together before buying. You've got no one to blame but yourself. Having used multiple Zalman products, I find it hard to believe that you had to mod anything to make it fit the EVGA mobo given that socket 775 is an industry standard.
January 5, 2007 12:54:40 PM

i bought my zalman 9700 for my p5b deluxe :)  not for evga680..the zalman 9700 fits great on asus striker etrexme with no mod at all..but not evga but its ok..big typhoon vx is a nice cooler, and the fact to be able to mount and unmount it without taking the mb out of the case is great :)  i hate touching mb when its installed..always afraid to break something hehe..thanks for replies btw :)  i appreciate this forum, pple are nice
January 5, 2007 1:20:02 PM

Thats the spirit :!: Take a deep breath and enjoy the new cooler and mobo. At the end thats what counts is you enjoy your hard earned money spent :) 
January 5, 2007 1:35:36 PM

i will :) 

i just received my mobo this morning, i have my second 8800gtx and mobo sitting here on a table..i ll wait to receive my bigtyphoon (probably monday only with week end :( ) before installing everything, i dont wanna mount the intel heatsink..too much scratched..but at least i read over and over the manual of the motherboard and things on the net, i will be gtg to install it after. i just hope my motherboard will work lol, with all these peeps having their mb dead without even o/Cing it :(  80 degre celsius mcp at idle for some pple even more...with stock chipset fan..very scarry..btw im gonna flash to p21 bios and install windows xp, not the P23, do you recommand me to do this ? cause i have sli and i heard p23 has sli issues, and also memory issues (fryied rams).

anyway for all evga mb owners who look for older bios, go there :

http://www.lejabeach.com/EVGA/680i/
January 6, 2007 8:02:26 PM

That's why I'm still avoiding Zalman at this stage - they love exotic heat pipe designs, which are in most cases efficient and quiet - but they almost always have some consideration prior to installation.

And that, would get me p****d off aswell. Most of the well known coolers (bar Zalman), use a simple block with several heat pipes rising up, and it seldom goes past the mobo limits.

On the other hand, I don't blame mobo manuf for mobo restrictions - except with excessive use of heat pipes over the VRM's... That just looks plain scary.
January 7, 2007 4:39:43 AM

Quote:
i bought a evga 680 mb and my zalman 9700 wont fit on it unless i mod the blackplate thingy........i can broke the resistors thingy on the motherboard doing this...just cause im not good at it......so i ordered a bigtyphoon VX (i hope it will fit well).....thanks evga for your amazingly bugged, hardly compatible motherboard. anyone else sick of these manufacturers who do not study their product with the tiers products on the market ? one more time again its the customer who pays for such lazy attitude from theses riches brands.

:?: How did you fix the resistor?

Did you solder on a new equivalent one?

Did you return the board?
!