VDU image upside down!

Hello All

I thought I had seen it all - until today!

My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications, and even
the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this seemed
to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting up" box
and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.

Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and easily
remedied.

I am using Windows 2k professional.

Hope someone can help.
Many thanks
Leslie Isaacs

When this problem has been brought up here in the past, it has generally
been the case that the user (or a gremlin) inadvertently used a
well-documented "make everything upside down" setting in the video card.

"Leslie Isaacs" <leslie.isaacs@gp-n85011.nhs.uk> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> I thought I had seen it all - until today!
>
> My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications,
> and even
> the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this
> seemed
> to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting
> up" box
> and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
> inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
>
> Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and
> easily
> remedied.
>
> I am using Windows 2k professional.
>
> Hope someone can help.

Try for a right-side up display, holding down the CTRL, ALT and UP
(arrow) keys

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Hello Dan

Thanks for that: but what can I do about it?

Les

"Dan Seur" <click@casta.net> wrote in message
> When this problem has been brought up here in the past, it has generally
> been the case that the user (or a gremlin) inadvertently used a
> well-documented "make everything upside down" setting in the video card.
>
> Leslie Isaacs wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > I thought I had seen it all - until today!
> >
> > My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications, and
even
> > the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this
seemed
> > to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting up"
box
> > and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
> > inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
> >
> > Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and easily
> > remedied.
> >
> > I am using Windows 2k professional.
> >
> > Hope someone can help.
> > Many thanks
> > Leslie Isaacs

1. Read Steve Parry's post.
2. Read the video card manual.

Leslie Isaacs wrote:

> Hello Dan
>
> Thanks for that: but what can I do about it?
>
> Les
>

> "Dan Seur" <click@casta.net> wrote in message
>
>>When this problem has been brought up here in the past, it has generally
>>been the case that the user (or a gremlin) inadvertently used a
>>well-documented "make everything upside down" setting in the video card.
>>
>>Leslie Isaacs wrote:
>>
>>>Hello All
>>>
>>>I thought I had seen it all - until today!
>>>
>>>My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications, and
>
> even
>
>>>the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this
>
> seemed
>
>>>to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting up"
>
> box
>
>>>and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
>>>inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
>>>
>>>Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and easily
>>>remedied.
>>>
>>>I am using Windows 2k professional.
>>>
>>>Hope someone can help.
>>>Many thanks
>>>Leslie Isaacs

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Leslie Isaacs wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I thought I had seen it all - until today!
>
> My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications, and even
> the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this seemed
> to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting up" box
> and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
> inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
>
> Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and easily
> remedied.
>
> I am using Windows 2k professional.

You have a southern hemisphere monitor. Please send it to me.

Cheers,

Cliff

"Enkidu" <enkidu.com@com.cliffp.com> wrote in message
> Leslie Isaacs wrote:
>> Hello All
>>
>> I thought I had seen it all - until today!
>>
>> My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications,
>> and even
>> the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this
>> seemed
>> to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting
>> up" box
>> and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
>> inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
>>
>> Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and
>> easily
>> remedied.
>>
>> I am using Windows 2k professional.
>>
> You have a southern hemisphere monitor. Please send it to me.
>
> Cheers,

Ah so it's the coriolis effect .... ;)

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Right click at empty desktop area - Properties - tab Settings - Advanced.
Dig thru all tabs concerning your videocard and look for something like:
View (mode) / Orientation / Rotation or similar.

HTH,
John7

"Leslie Isaacs" <leslie.isaacs@gp-n85011.nhs.uk> schreef in bericht
> Hello Dan
>
> Thanks for that: but what can I do about it?
>
> Les
>

> "Dan Seur" <click@casta.net> wrote in message
> > When this problem has been brought up here in the past, it has generally
> > been the case that the user (or a gremlin) inadvertently used a
> > well-documented "make everything upside down" setting in the video card.
> >
> > Leslie Isaacs wrote:
> > > Hello All
> > >
> > > I thought I had seen it all - until today!
> > >
> > > My screen has suddenly gone upside down: all the open applications,
and
> even
> > > the desktop are totally inverted. I have rebooted, and initially this
> seemed
> > > to solve it, but early in the boot sequence the "Windows is starting
up"
> box
> > > and everything thereafter was upside down! The mouse is also working
> > > inverted - so at least it's consistent with the screen.
> > >
> > > Please tell me that I'm not going mad, this is a known issue, and
easily
> > > remedied.
> > >
> > > I am using Windows 2k professional.
> > >
> > > Hope someone can help.
> > > Many thanks
> > > Leslie Isaacs

allanonmage

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I am actually looking to do this on Windows 2000. The problem is, its an older dell Inspiron 3800 with barebones video drivers (ATI rage p/m mobility) that don't do it natively. I trie ctrl alt down too but that had no efect.

Any suggestions? Maybe a 3rd part app?