Sign in with
Your question

CPU Fans: What to choose?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2007 1:55:40 PM

Hello, i am thinking about buying a new CPU cooler seen as the one i have now is extremley noisy. Ive been looking at some hardware websites and all fans seem pretty much similar, some cooler than others and some adapt to different types of sockets. The question is, for a Pentium D 830, what sort of fan should i be looking for? Regardless the price. How do i know if the fan i choose will be able to keep my CPU cool?

More about : cpu fans choose

January 6, 2007 4:06:30 AM

You pretty much just have to go by reviews and what other people are saying to really gauge the extra cooling you'll get by adding the new cooler. I have had good experience with my Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro on my AMD setup, and would recommend the Intel version: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

Says it fits all Pentium D models and it's definitely not going to break the bank at only $30. Also, my Freezer 64 Pro is very silent, I can barely hear it working its magic.

Just make sure you have enough room in your case for this baby as it is pretty big.
!