Windows 2000 Server cannot reboot!

Greetings,

Hi i have a Win2000 SP4 Svr (Std) that is running on a Compaq Proliant
server. I have scheduled the windows update to run once every week. After
this server will be scheduled to reboot. However, for the past scheduled
reboot, the server screen went blank and there is nothing i can do except to
press the on/off button of this server.

I am suspecting that one of the patches that i have downloaded during
windows update might have cause this error. I have tried the KB but to no
avail.

Appreciate any advise on this issue. Thanks

"alpaje" <alpaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Hi i have a Win2000 SP4 Svr (Std) that is running on a Compaq Proliant
> server. I have scheduled the windows update to run once every week.
> After
> this server will be scheduled to reboot. However, for the past
> scheduled
> reboot, the server screen went blank and there is nothing i can do
> except to
> press the on/off button of this server.
>
> I am suspecting that one of the patches that i have downloaded during
> windows update might have cause this error. I have tried the KB but to
> no
> avail.
>
> Appreciate any advise on this issue. Thanks

Have you tried booting in safe mode and removing the latest updates?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk