ipaq 3800 series PIE 2003 upgrade issue

April 1, 2005 8:09:02 PM

I ran the new 2003 ver 4.2 upgrade and it works. However, PIE does not
allow access to many websites (my.yahoo, or any secure bank sites) It
worked OK with 2002 and Regking hack emulator before upgrade. Do I need
another hack?
Thanks
Peter
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 8:37:33 PM

Peter,

Those registry hacks you made will have to be replicated now that you have
upgraded. Once you do those, you should be back in business.

Hope this helps,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Peter Gale" <pgale@microsemi.com> wrote in message
>I ran the new 2003 ver 4.2 upgrade and it works. However, PIE does not
> allow access to many websites (my.yahoo, or any secure bank sites) It
> worked OK with 2002 and Regking hack emulator before upgrade. Do I need
> another hack?
> Thanks
> Peter

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 4:46:09 AM

Try doing a hard reset and then restore your backup file (if you made one.)

If that doesn't work you may have more work to do. If you don't do the ROM,
firmware, and driver updates in the correct order you may have to do them
again. Check out the HP site for the Ipaq 3800:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/lo...

Good luck!

!