  • DLL
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 23, 2005 1:59:04 AM

AnalogX DLLArchive tells me I can safely archive a whole bunch of files
which all start with a leading underscore _WIN2SYS.DLL is an example.
Most are 5K in size, and almost all of these files are dated 17 October
2001.

What is the purpose of the AppPatch directory?

What is the purpose of DLLs with a leading underscore?

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Berry

More about : win2sys dll apppatch directory

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:55:45 PM

These may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/m...

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<jberry@islandnet.com> wrote:
| AnalogX DLLArchive tells me I can safely archive a whole bunch of files
| which all start with a leading underscore _WIN2SYS.DLL is an example.
| Most are 5K in size, and almost all of these files are dated 17 October
| 2001.
|
| What is the purpose of the AppPatch directory?
|
| What is the purpose of DLLs with a leading underscore?
|
| Thanks.
|
| --
| Jonathan Berry

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:09:40 PM

Thanks for the links, Dave. Interesting, but they didn't answer the
second question. I'll hazard a guess that the _filenam.dll files are
part of Application Compatibility Databases and should not be touched.

Possibly the software takes a simplistic view of DLL necessity. I
decided to uninstall it. It doesn't even have an "About" box, so I
don't even know when it was last updated. Maybe it is intended for
win9x ?

"If it works, don't fix it."

--
Jonathan Berry
Anonymous

I don't have those. All I have are the databases and application extension
DLLs

--

!