Backup of Active Directory and Group Policy

Is the "ntbackup" be able to backup only the Active Directory and Group
Policy settings?

I tried to use it, but the way I saw is I need to choose what files to
be backup. I don't know where's the Active Directory and Group Policy
settings is stored.

Is there any way for me to backup only the Active Directory and Group
Policy settings? If I would like to have a backup of all the settings
in the server, in case of hardware failure, I can use that backup to
restore it to the state of the backup being made, any tools I can use?
(just ignore all the user files, what I need it the server settings and
configuration being restored as it is before)

Thanks.

Peter CCH
3 answers Last reply
More about backup active directory group policy

    How about the Group Policy?
    It that included in the system state as well?

    Yes It is
    --
    James Alsobrook

    "Peter CCH" wrote:

    > How about the Group Policy?
    > It that included in the system state as well?

    save only System State using ntbackup.
    On a domain controller System State contains all the AD info you'll need for
    a restore.

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "Peter CCH" <petercch.wodoy@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is the "ntbackup" be able to backup only the Active Directory and Group
    > Policy settings?
    >
    > I tried to use it, but the way I saw is I need to choose what files to
    > be backup. I don't know where's the Active Directory and Group Policy
    > settings is stored.
    >
    > Is there any way for me to backup only the Active Directory and Group
    > Policy settings? If I would like to have a backup of all the settings
    > in the server, in case of hardware failure, I can use that backup to
    > restore it to the state of the backup being made, any tools I can use?
    > (just ignore all the user files, what I need it the server settings and
    > configuration being restored as it is before)
    >

    > Thanks.
    >

    > Peter CCH

Policy Backup Active Directory Windows