Backup of Active Directory and Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 23, 2005 6:13:52 AM

Is the "ntbackup" be able to backup only the Active Directory and Group
Policy settings?

I tried to use it, but the way I saw is I need to choose what files to
be backup. I don't know where's the Active Directory and Group Policy
settings is stored.

Is there any way for me to backup only the Active Directory and Group
Policy settings? If I would like to have a backup of all the settings
in the server, in case of hardware failure, I can use that backup to
restore it to the state of the backup being made, any tools I can use?
(just ignore all the user files, what I need it the server settings and
configuration being restored as it is before)

Thanks.

Peter CCH
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:03:59 AM

How about the Group Policy?
It that included in the system state as well?
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:58:02 PM

Yes It is
--
James Alsobrook

"Peter CCH" wrote:

> How about the Group Policy?
> It that included in the system state as well?

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:10:10 PM

save only System State using ntbackup.
On a domain controller System State contains all the AD info you'll need for
a restore.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net