can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocke..

April 2, 2005 3:09:21 PM

hey

can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?

thx
Roi
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 3:09:22 PM

never heard of either of them.

It might be better if you specified what you where trying to achieve.

I'm sure someone would have an opinion as to the "best way" (their best way)
to achieve it and you could them compare it to your own current solution.

"Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...
> hey
>
> can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?
>
> thx
> Roi

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 3:09:22 PM

On Saturday, Roi wrote:

> can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or
> Pocket Informant ?

Personal choice as they are very, very similar. You can
download trial versions of both and see which one you
prefer....you can even have them both installed and go
from one to the other (though only one can be set as the
default PIM for the hardware buttons, etc).

--
Bryan Anderson <usenet@bryans-place.com>
April 2, 2005 3:45:19 PM

If you've never heard of Agenda Fusion then you ain't never heard of much.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> never heard of either of them.
>
> It might be better if you specified what you where trying to achieve.
>
> I'm sure someone would have an opinion as to the "best way" (their best
way)
> to achieve it and you could them compare it to your own current solution.
>

> "Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...
> > hey
> >
> > can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?
> >
> > thx
> > Roi

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:15:34 PM

"Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...
| hey
|
| can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant
?

| thx
| Roi

Better can mean so many different things to many people

Do you mean better as in costs less? Or a prettier interface? Anything
to do with functions? Which functions? It depends on what is important
to you- you have kept that secret..

Reading various reviews and comments led me to choosing Pocket
Informant, and it does have a month's trial- but there's not much in
it. Have you looked at both programs sites to see if they both offer
trial periods? If they do then take advantage- try them and see which
suits your un-named secret needs. If it is only PI then try it and
decide what shortcomings there are, see if AF fills those needs.

Read the stuff they have on their websites, look at the on-line
reviews, download the manuals and read them- that will tell you about
what the programs can do. That will give an idea of the functions and
functionality.

But remember that it is those needs of yours that are the important
things, not any fancy capabilities that you won't use.

Work out what you need before buying or you'll be posting:
'Why doesn't #the program I bought# do #insert function# - the other
one does that'

As a slight aside PI has just had a major upgrade. It costs to upgrade
but I think I might pay- there is one thing in the upgrade I hadn't
thought of that seems as if it would be useful to me. (You might find
something in one of the programs that lights up your buttons- research
the programs and work out which is right for you). I like Pocket
Informant, am used to it now, but that I have to pay again means I will
look at Agenda Fusion again to see what has changed over the last
couple of years- perhaps that is the better choice for me now.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:14:15 PM

"si" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:jBv3e.710$DP.33@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
> If you've never heard of Agenda Fusion then you ain't never heard of much.

Well I just wrote my own SIP in evC++ yesterday. I bet I know a bit. I just
don't run every piece of junk available for my pda, I write my own, sorry.

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> never heard of either of them.
>>
>> It might be better if you specified what you where trying to achieve.
>>
>> I'm sure someone would have an opinion as to the "best way" (their best
> way)
>> to achieve it and you could them compare it to your own current solution.
>>

>> "Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...
>> > hey
>> >
>> > can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?
>> >
>> > thx
>> > Roi

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:39:55 PM

I have been using both for over 3 years. I have to say that Agenda Fusion is
better, more adaptable and user friendly that Pocket Informant. In addition,
the technicians at Agenda Fusion are always available to answer questions
while PI technicians are scarce and sometimes unknowledgeable Agenda Fusion
also issues frequent updates that PI

--
Edward Akpan
Beta ID: 494583

"Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...
> hey
>
> can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?
>
> thx
> Roi

April 3, 2005 4:44:52 AM

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 04:47:16 -0500, "Chance Hopkins"
<chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:

>never heard of either of them.

Its funny how people feel obligated to post even if they know nothing
about the topic....

For the original poster, the question as to which is the better PIM
has been addressed so many countless times, that the only to answer
your question is for you to try out both as they each have fully
functional demos. Myself, I don't like either and just use
PocketBreeze.

If you must read more about them first, one link is:

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=69178&h...
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 5:32:22 AM

Hi Dick, It's funny how people feel the need to belittle my attempt to
encourage the original poster to provide more info to get a better answer.
The fact that I have never heard of either product was NOT the point of my
post, nor does it disqualify me from possessing knowledge as it relates to
the PocketPC. In fact I'm willing to bet I know MUCH MORE than you about the
PocketPC and will never need YOUR help. Did it ever occur to you that I
could have provided an entirely different solution if I HAD know what they
where?

Like most snipping, trite little antagonistic pricks that use usenet now,
you removed the part where I encouraged him to provide more info and focused
on one line of my post in order to qualify your comment. Perhaps I should
have responded like you and been a pompous ass, then lamented about how this
had been discussed ad nauseum and told him he should learn how to search
google.

For the narrow minded retards like yourself that don't understand the value
of indirect comments and related tangents of discussion in a newsgroup, piss
off. I've been programming for 20 years and posting in newsgroups for over 8
now. Next time you feel like making some stupid comment towards me, don't. I
don't need some know it all jerk off like you talking back to me.

"Jason" <jasont@lexicon.removeit.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 04:47:16 -0500, "Chance Hopkins"
> <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>never heard of either of them.
>>

> Its funny how people feel obligated to post even if they know nothing
> about the topic....
>
> For the original poster, the question as to which is the better PIM
> has been addressed so many countless times, that the only to answer
> your question is for you to try out both as they each have fully
> functional demos. Myself, I don't like either and just use
> PocketBreeze.
>
> If you must read more about them first, one link is:
>
> http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=69178&h...
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 6:09:03 AM

Reply to message from "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> (Sun,
03 Apr 2005 00:32:22) about ""Re: can someone suggest me whats better
Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?"":

> Hi Dick, It's funny how people feel the need to belittle my attempt to
> encourage the original poster to provide more info to get a better
> answer.

> (snipped for brevity only)

(Here's hoping Chance has a sense of humor)

Chance, I am truly humbled. First you lead out the unsuspecting reader with
the following jewels :

1. "I'm willing to bet I know MUCH MORE than you"

2. "I...will never need YOUR help"

3. "I could have provided an entirely different solution.."

4. " I've been programming for 20 years"

5. "I've been ... posting in newsgroups for over 8"

6. "... nor does it disqualify me from possessing knowledge"

And *then* you brillantly thrust upon said reader with the literary dagger:

"I don't need some know it all... "

Bravo. Surely such seething irony has to be the work of a prose master. My
hats off to you, sir. The bard himself failed to nail down such a playful
turn of words to illustrate the human experience it bears as effectively as
you have done. :)
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:18:10 AM

"xTenn" <xtennremovethispart@tds.net> wrote in message
> Reply to message from "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> (Sun,
> 03 Apr 2005 00:32:22) about ""Re: can someone suggest me whats better
> Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?"":
>
> > Hi Dick, It's funny how people feel the need to belittle my attempt to
> > encourage the original poster to provide more info to get a better
> > answer.
>
> > (snipped for brevity only)
>
> (Here's hoping Chance has a sense of humor)
>
> Chance, I am truly humbled. First you lead out the unsuspecting reader
> with
> the following jewels :
>
> 1. "I'm willing to bet I know MUCH MORE than you"
>
> 2. "I...will never need YOUR help"
>
> 3. "I could have provided an entirely different solution.."
>
> 4. " I've been programming for 20 years"
>
> 5. "I've been ... posting in newsgroups for over 8"
>
> 6. "... nor does it disqualify me from possessing knowledge"
>
> And *then* you brillantly thrust upon said reader with the literary
> dagger:
>
> "I don't need some know it all... "
>

> Bravo. Surely such seething irony has to be the work of a prose master. My
> hats off to you, sir. The bard himself failed to nail down such a playful
> turn of words to illustrate the human experience it bears as effectively
> as
> you have done. :)

lol, thx. I was bored. I'm not going to "punch" him or anything.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:07:47 PM

Chance Hopkins <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I've been programming for 20 years and posting in newsgroups for over 8
> now.

You've been posting on Usenet for over 8 years? Yet you still top post
and actually use Outlook Express rather than a proper newsreader. While
the latter is up to you, the former is, I imagine, down to you feeling
that the accepted conventions on Usenet don't apply to someone as
wondrous as you. This reminds me of the year when September never ended.

> Next time you feel like making some stupid comment towards me, don't. I
> don't need some know it all jerk off like you talking back to me.

And you have the gall to call others antagonistic. I suggest you look at
your own attitude before criticising others. Not everyone can be as
wonderfully experienced, fantastic and magnificentl wonderful as you.

As a hint, and at an attempt to demonstrate how one behaves in a
civilised manner in a social situation (as this, ultimately is), would
have been to either do a quick Google on the two product names that the
OP (that's original poster) mentioned, and then given your opinion, and
perhaps written something about why the solutions you've programmed are
better.

Alternatively, if you had nothing to contribute, you could have just not
posted.

mark

--
A. Because it makes much more difficult to follow the discourse.. it
also pisses people off.

Q. Dad, Why should I avoid top-posting in Usenet?
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:27:06 PM

Chance, XTenn:

Chill, clowns. Take it off-line.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 1:40:47 PM

Reply to message from "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> (Sun,
03

> lol, thx. I was bored. I'm not going to "punch" him or anything.

touche' , Cool.

I write a lot of the programs I use myself as well, so I can appreciate the
direction you are coming from earlier in this thread. Due to time
constraints from the "real" world (and laziness) I end up buying or
borrowing (free titles) some software otherwise, but not as often as others
may do. I find that the more of my own stuff I do write and use I am left
with a slight impatience, as it were, when it comes to discussing other
software available. Interesting.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:15:55 PM

"mark haynes" <mark.haynes@despammed.com> wrote in message
| Chance Hopkins <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:
|
| <snip>
|

| > I've been programming for 20 years and posting in newsgroups for
over 8
| > now.
|

| You've been posting on Usenet for over 8 years? Yet you still top
post
| and actually use Outlook Express rather than a proper newsreader.
While
| the latter is up to you, the former is, I imagine, down to you
feeling
| that the accepted conventions on Usenet don't apply to someone as
| wondrous as you. This reminds me of the year when September never
ended.

You *cannot* speak about anyones choices. That is entirely up to the
poster.
I have been using usenet for over 8 years now. I use OE because I want
to, because I have a choice. I have tried others but... well why would
it be your business anyway? I use this computer, I have chosen to use
OE. It is not your business.

Things change. Bottom posting was the way but there is no law or
regulation. There never has been.
Posting in the middle wasn't considered to be correct at one stage too-
you've done that though.

| > Next time you feel like making some stupid comment towards me,
don't. I
| > don't need some know it all jerk off like you talking back to me.
|
| And you have the gall to call others antagonistic. I suggest you look
at
| your own attitude before criticising others. Not everyone can be as
| wonderfully experienced, fantastic and magnificentl wonderful as you.
|
| As a hint, and at an attempt to demonstrate how one behaves in a
| civilised manner in a social situation (as this, ultimately is),
would
| have been to either do a quick Google on the two product names that
the
| OP (that's original poster) mentioned, and then given your opinion,
and
| perhaps written something about why the solutions you've programmed
are
| better.
|
| Alternatively, if you had nothing to contribute, you could have just
not
| posted.

You haven't contributed to the thread here either.
Perhaps you should have taken your own advice and not posted.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:11:59 PM

Reply to message from "ProfDD" <dcduring@gmail.com> (Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:
27:06) about ""Re: can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or
Pocket Informant ?"":

> Chance, XTenn:

> Chill, clowns. Take it off-line.

I don't understand - there is no problem here. Maybe you should go back and
reread my posts. If not, maybe the smiley face will be a clue.

No problem, but I think you may have jumped the gun a bit on this one.

The clown bit I'll just chalk up to ignorance, not as anything personal.
Besides, in usenet speak that is almost a compliment!
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 2:35:35 PM

alan smith <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> "mark haynes" <mark.haynes@despammed.com> wrote in message
> | Chance Hopkins <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:
> |
> | <snip>
> |

> | > I've been programming for 20 years and posting in newsgroups for
> over 8
> | > now.
> |

> | You've been posting on Usenet for over 8 years? Yet you still top
> post
> | and actually use Outlook Express rather than a proper newsreader.
> While
> | the latter is up to you, the former is, I imagine, down to you
> feeling
> | that the accepted conventions on Usenet don't apply to someone as
> | wondrous as you. This reminds me of the year when September never
> ended.
>

> You *cannot* speak about anyones choices. That is entirely up to the
> poster.

So, are you and Chance the same person?

And, err,

> I have been using usenet for over 8 years now.

> I use OE because I want
> to, because I have a choice. I have tried others but... well why would
> it be your business anyway? I use this computer, I have chosen to use
> OE. It is not your business.

Did you actually read my post rather than just skim it. I said (and I'll
quote this for you to save having to read it again) 'the former is up to
you', quite clearly referring to the use of Outlook.

> Things change. Bottom posting was the way but there is no law or
> regulation.

It 'was' the accepted convention. By the people who initiated Usenet.
Way before your 8 years of use. Maybe they're stupid.

And again, it's up to you, but it *is* accepted netiquette. netiquette
is a set of accepted conventions that people like to use. Things like
not posting in caps, posting in HTML, or posting binaries to non-binary
groups. If you would like to know more look at this RFC document (RFC
means 'request for comments'.):

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

The salient bit is:

' If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure
readers understand when they start to read your response. Since
NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from
one host to another, it is possible to see a response to a message
before seeing the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not
include the entire original!'

I think it is better illustrated by my signature:

A. Because it makes much more difficult to follow the discourse.. it
also pisses people off.

Q. Dad, Why should I avoid top-posting in Usenet?

> There never has been.
> Posting in the middle wasn't considered to be correct at one stage too-
> you've done that though.

Really? When was that? I've looked but not found anything that refers to
it. I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction, though.

Oh, and it's called 'inline posting'. That's how you answer things on
Usenet.

> You haven't contributed to the thread here either.
> Perhaps you should have taken your own advice and not posted.

As a matter of fact, you were correct in asking for more information
than the OP gave. I have no issues with that.

What I do have issues with is your behaviour towards Jason. Unless
calling into question the mental abilities, or lack thereof, of every
person who dares criticise you, I think that calling anyone a 'retard'
is completely uncalled for.

--

A. Because it makes much more difficult to follow the discourse.. it
also pisses people off.

Q. Dad, Why should I avoid top-posting in Usenet?
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:21:09 PM

I believe that both have free demos available for you to try.

There is also Ulti-Planner http://www.birdsoft.biz/upmain.htm for only
$9.99 if I recall correctly.

Personally, I like Pocket Informant.

Cheers.

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 11:09:21 +0300, Roi <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote:

>hey
>
>can someone suggest me whats better Agenda Fusion or Pocket Informant ?
>
>thx
>Roi
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:59:59 PM

| alan smith <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
|
| > "mark haynes" <mark.haynes@despammed.com> wrote in message
| > | Chance Hopkins <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote:
| > |
| > | <snip>
| > |
| > |
| > over 8
| > |
| > |
> [...]
| it. I wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction, though.
|
| Oh, and it's called 'inline posting'. That's how you answer things on
| Usenet.
|

| > You haven't contributed to the thread here either.
| > Perhaps you should have taken your own advice and not posted.
|
| As a matter of fact, you were correct in asking for more information
| than the OP gave. I have no issues with that.
|
| What I do have issues with is your behaviour towards Jason. Unless
| calling into question the mental abilities, or lack thereof, of every
| person who dares criticise you, I think that calling anyone a
'retard'
| is completely uncalled for.
|
| --
|
| A. Because it makes much more difficult to follow the discourse.. it
| also pisses people off.
|
| Q. Dad, Why should I avoid top-posting in Usenet?

I am not Chance.

I have used usenet for well over 8 years, you are just making
assumptions. Unjustified ones.

Things change, most people move with the times when they do. Nobody
says you have to, do what you want to do, I really don't care. But you
still have no right to try and impose your arbitrary standards on
anyone else.

I hope you will apologise for the unjustified comment at the end of
your posting - I don't mind being criticised for what I do say, but you
should not criticise for what I haven't said, that just shows yourself
in a poor light.
April 6, 2005 3:52:24 PM

So you write junk then.

Geek alert!!!

> "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> > If you've never heard of Agenda Fusion then you ain't never heard of
much.

> Well I just wrote my own SIP in evC++ yesterday. I bet I know a bit. I
just
> don't run every piece of junk available for my pda, I write my own, sorry.
>

> > "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> never heard of either of them.
> >>
> >> It might be better if you specified what you where trying to achieve.
> >>
> >> I'm sure someone would have an opinion as to the "best way" (their best
> > way)
> >> to achieve it and you could them compare it to your own current
solution.

> >> "Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
> >> news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...

April 6, 2005 3:55:18 PM

Wrie it yourslef? You got time to do that? Why not get a job?

Then you might have some money so you don't have to write programs yourself.

Nice to know there are poor people out there with no jobs.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "si" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> > If you've never heard of Agenda Fusion then you ain't never heard of
much.

> Well I just wrote my own SIP in evC++ yesterday. I bet I know a bit. I
just
> don't run every piece of junk available for my pda, I write my own, sorry.
>

> > "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> never heard of either of them.
> >>
> >> It might be better if you specified what you where trying to achieve.
> >>
> >> I'm sure someone would have an opinion as to the "best way" (their best
> > way)
> >> to achieve it and you could them compare it to your own current
solution.

> >> "Roi" <blu@show.no-ip.org> wrote in message
> >> news:p an.2005.04.02.08.09.17.626237@show.no-ip.org...

April 7, 2005 3:34:06 AM