Uniblue registry booster crashed Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezz1r

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I have beenrunning windows 7 on my computer , and everything has been going great for about a year! I installed uniblue registry cleaner , and it ran the scan, asked me to clear the problems out after it corrected them, then asked me to reboot! when I did, I got the screen asking if I wanted to reboot normally, in safe mode ect ect......it shows the starting windows screen, the logo appears, and then when it gets to the next screen it freezes, the num lock light is on, and I can move the mouse around, but that is it!! any suggestions on how to get it to reboot?

Thanks

Ernie

Solution

Only thing about using 'Last Known Good' Outside of safe mode as your first step, is if that it doesn't work, you've overwritten your Current Control Set and can't go back.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

Another suggestion, if the 'Repair wizard' doesn't work, is to go into Safe Mode. There choose a System Restore point from a day or so earlier. That will replace the registry entries back to the 'Before Cleaning' status.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

Good idea here, that will use a copy of the registry from the last time the PC booted normally, which is what you are looking for.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Only thing about using 'Last Known Good' Outside of safe mode as your first step, is if that it doesn't work, you've overwritten your Current Control Set and can't go back.

Solution

ezz1r

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Forum:

I had to swap out my drives and reload my OS 7 which fixed my issue. That was a weird problem since i could not even get into safe-mode.

Thanks to all for the input to help me resolve my problem

E

shayne54

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011

Not all reviews of Registry Booster are negative....

Registry Booster review at PCRegistryCleaners.org

Status
Not open for further replies.