I have been having trouble staying online and have found out that my proxy
server settings are checked (when they should not be). I uncheck them and
reboot, and approx 5 minutes later I get kicked off the internet again. When
I go back into internet options the boxes I unchecked are checked! I decided
to see if other settings under internet options would stay, so I changed my
start page and it did the same...reverted back. What on earth can I do??? I
have run spyware scans, Adaware & Spybot, and updated and run my virus scan
and found nothing.

PRB wrote:
> I have been having trouble staying online and have found out that my proxy
> server settings are checked (when they should not be). I uncheck them and
> reboot, and approx 5 minutes later I get kicked off the internet again. When
> I go back into internet options the boxes I unchecked are checked! I decided
> to see if other settings under internet options would stay, so I changed my
> start page and it did the same...reverted back. What on earth can I do??? I
> have run spyware scans, Adaware & Spybot, and updated and run my virus scan
> and found nothing.
Do you use a web accelerator? If so, that could be your
problem. Most set up a proxy on your PC and it may be
reactivating the proxy each time you acces the net.

gls858