Backup in-use file

If a file is in use, is there any way to backup it?

I have an application server and some of the file is used 24 hours a
day. Is there any way to backup the file since it's in use?

Peter CCH

In most cases you'll need to stop the process that is using the file.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Peter CCH" wrote:
| If a file is in use, is there any way to backup it?
|
| I have an application server and some of the file is used 24 hours a
| day. Is there any way to backup the file since it's in use?
|

| Peter CCH

STUBBY

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Dave Patrick wrote:
> In most cases you'll need to stop the process that is using the file.

Not unless the file is opened for write, append, etc Read-only will be
backed up just fine.

But not usually the case.