How do I check when Windows XP was last installed?

I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last installed.
10 answers Last reply
More about check windows installed

    Try viewing the files in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. The predominate
    Date Modified (or at least the earliest date modified) should be it. Use
    the Details view.

    "Chmilz" <Chmilz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last
    >installed.

    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff

    Chmilz wrote:
    > I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last installed.

    For WinXP Pro, click Start > Run > CMD, and then "systeminfo." For
    WinXP Home, use Windows Explorer to see the date that your C:\Windows
    folder was created.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2htaWx6?= <Chmilz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last
    > installed.

    Looking for the oldest file date will not be correct if the PC was upgraded
    to XP.

    A quick check on my system reveals that I installed on 21/8/2002
    I've upgraded my entire system 3 times since then. All new hardware now. I
    transfer the hard drive and run a Repair Install. I've upgraded from the
    original version to SP1, and now SP2. No clean installs since I first
    installed XP on August 21, 2002

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    > Chmilz wrote:
    >> I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last
    >> installed.
    >

    > For WinXP Pro, click Start > Run > CMD, and then "systeminfo." For WinXP
    > Home, use Windows Explorer to see the date that your C:\Windows folder was
    > created.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    I was going to add that I'll bet Ken Blake would be proud of me <G>.

    --

    In news:%23Un4E3cBFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    Harry Ohrn <harry---@webtree.ca> typed:

    >I was going to add that I'll bet Ken Blake would be proud of me
    ><G>.

    I had to reread your message a couple of times, but then I found
    "No clean installs since I first
    installed XP on August 21, 2002."

    Yes, I'm proud of you! <vbg>

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > In news:%23Un4E3cBFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    > Harry Ohrn <harry---@webtree.ca> typed:
    >
    >>I was going to add that I'll bet Ken Blake would be proud of me <G>.
    >

    > I had to reread your message a couple of times, but then I found "No clean
    > installs since I first
    > installed XP on August 21, 2002."
    >
    > Yes, I'm proud of you! <vbg>

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    LOL. Thanks Ken. Doing some basic disk management is really important. I
    recall my son having an e-Machine Celeron 500 that we originally installed
    Windows 98 on. We upgraded it to 98 SE then to Windows Me which he ran for
    nearly 3 years before we upgraded it to Windows XP. It ran for another year
    before we retired computer. I moved the hard drive to the new system, ran a
    Repair Install on it and it ran for another 6 months before he decide to
    wipe it out and do a clean install.

    I've taught both my son and my wife to keep their systems maintained. They
    are regular computer users and use their systems the way most people will.
    About once per month now I do a wee bit of housekeeping for them but
    generally their systems are problem free.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Look for the Wpa.bak (this will state when activated last time)
    That's the closest I can get.
    Kaylene

    "Chmilz" <Chmilz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need to know how to find out when Windows XP home and pro was last installed.
  10. I can recomend using a small tool called Wininfo

    Will also let you query a remote machine

    http://www.systemtools.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?WinInfo

Microsoft Windows XP