GPO Tab is Gone

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

In my ADUC is the GPO tab gone.

I also cannnot start e.g. the gpedit.msc or add group policy object snap
ins in the editor snap-in.

What can be happening? Who can help me.

Grtz L@ngen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Did you download and install the GPMC?

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman

"Manny Borges" <manny_borges@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you download and install the GPMC?
>
> --
> Manny Borges
> MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)
> MCT, Certified Cheese Master
>
> The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
> -- Marty Feldman
> "Roel L" <news@langendonck.net> wrote in message
>> In my ADUC is the GPO tab gone.
>>
>> I also cannnot start e.g. the gpedit.msc or add group policy object snap
>> ins in the editor snap-in.
>>
>> What can be happening? Who can help me.
>>
>> Grtz L@ngen

Nope I Didn't install the GPMC. What I did yesterday is install w2k3 server
on my laptop make it a member of the domain and install de adinpack.msi on
my lapopt server. Then I could acces the ADUC and alle the GPO's So the
GPO's aint gone.... wierd.... tis is a bypass, but i would like to see it
working on the DC

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

You can install the adminpack on xp. You don't need to run 2003 on your
laptop.

--

> "Manny Borges" <manny_borges@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you download and install the GPMC?
>>
>> --
>> Manny Borges
>> MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)
>> MCT, Certified Cheese Master
>>
>> The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write
>> with.
>> -- Marty Feldman
>> "Roel L" <news@langendonck.net> wrote in message
>>> In my ADUC is the GPO tab gone.
>>>
>>> I also cannnot start e.g. the gpedit.msc or add group policy object
>>> snap
>>> ins in the editor snap-in.
>>>
>>> What can be happening? Who can help me.
>>>
>>> Grtz L@ngen
>>>

> Nope I Didn't install the GPMC. What I did yesterday is install w2k3
> server on my laptop make it a member of the domain and install de
> adinpack.msi on my lapopt server. Then I could acces the ADUC and alle
> the GPO's So the GPO's aint gone.... wierd.... tis is a bypass, but i
> would like to see it working on the DC

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I know but had to have it for test pursoses....

mmm looks like I going to do it from another machine or reinstall de server
:(