where can I find a 2003 os manual?

April 2, 2005 4:00:14 PM

I'm new to pocket pc and would like to find a 2003 2nd edition os manual.
I'm trying to figure out how to manage memory, list all program sizes, move
stuff to a memory card ...

thx

More about : find 2003 manual

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:20:35 PM

"gfg" <fonged@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I'm new to pocket pc and would like to find a 2003 2nd edition os manual.
> I'm trying to figure out how to manage memory, list all program sizes,
move
> stuff to a memory card ...
>
> thx

In general, this is a .PDF or a "web site on a disk" that
should be on the CD that came with the device.

Every device is different, and the differences between
mgfrs. cause some things to work differently from
device to device, so there's no single manual...

There's a little (very little) bit of stuff here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/default.msp...

but searching the Web for your particular device
will probably get you a bunch more...
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:44:38 PM

On the specific need you posted,

start/settings/system/memory

Over five years of posting here, the best recommendation is to allow the
ppc to manage memory allocation rather than trying to set it manually.

One memory issue is that clicking "OK" to close a program does not close
it but does the same as clicking "minimize" on a pc, so the biggest
memory conservation trick is to actually close programs using <ctrl-c>
or via a "task manager" utility.

If you use PIE to browse the internet, clear the cache (tools/delete...)
to recover that memory and "soft reset" regularly (i.e. after each
charge) and you should be problem free.

Finally, the start/help ability is context sensitive and is the first
line of info for the ppc.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 3:09:10 AM

"gfg" <fonged@shaw.ca> wrote in message
| I'm new to pocket pc and would like to find a 2003 2nd edition os
manual.
| I'm trying to figure out how to manage memory, list all program
sizes, move
| stuff to a memory card ...
|
| thx

there are archives of the ppc newsgroups, searching these may help you
find out some of the things you are wanting to know.
!