Joe

From: "Joe Vondra" <jvondraATciorbaDOTcom>

| I am having trouble where thumbnails do not preview when viewing a folder
| containing pictures using Windows 2000 Professional. Instead of the
| thumbnails I see the icon for Windows Picture Manager. Any suggestions on
| how to solve this problem?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Joe

Try executing the following...

%windir%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE THUMBVW.DLL

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "Joe Vondra" <jvondraATciorbaDOTcom>
>
> | I am having trouble where thumbnails do not preview when viewing a folder
> | containing pictures using Windows 2000 Professional. Instead of the
> | thumbnails I see the icon for Windows Picture Manager. Any suggestions on
> | how to solve this problem?
> |
> | Thanks,
> |
> | Joe
> |

> Try executing the following...
>
> %windir%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE THUMBVW.DLL
>

> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
> I am having the same problem as Joe. What do you mean "Try executing the following...
>
> %windir%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE THUMBVW.DLL" How do you execute this?

Fred L Timm

From: "Fred L Timm" <Fred L Timm@discussions.microsoft.com>

>> I am having the same problem as Joe. What do you mean "Try executing the following...
>>
>> %windir%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE THUMBVW.DLL" How do you execute this?
|
| Fred L Timm

Go to; Start --> Run

and paste the following line in...

%windir%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE THUMBVW.DLL

Then click on "Ok"

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks for your fast reply David. I did as you suggested, however, it did
not solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions? Maybe there is a
file preventing the normal display of thumbnails.

Fred L Timm