Formatting Windows 2000 Server

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if somebody could just help me out, ive got a windows 2000
server system i need to format, its got 3 scsi drives and im wondering the
best way to wipe them all

I tryed putting in a windows CD and booting from it but it cant find the
hard drives, has anyone else had a problem wiping Windows 2000, if so could
you point me in the right direction

Many Thanks

Phi

Hi Phil,

the drives probably can't be found because the correct drivers are not
installed during startup of the Installation CD.
Make sure you press F6 during the initial installation screen (acsii
screen). Press S to specify an additional driver for Harddrive Controllers.
Make sure you have the correct driver on a floppy disk and that it is being
loaded correctly. After this procedure you should be able to "see" the 3 scsi
drives and be able to whipe the info.

You could also enter the Bios of the SCSI Controller. In most cases there is
an option to format the harddisks, but you will still need the previous
mentioned procedure to install the OS.

Good luck and keep us updated!