Anyone have experience with Great Quality Comuters?

prepared2do

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Just bought model zx-3310 and am having problems with it already? Affordable for me at time made a hasty choice buying it.

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Well I bought one for my wife...2 years ago..Its crap! First thing the HHD went bad...then it was buggy with the "pre bundled software"..bought new copy of windows...better...no video slot:( Had to go with a PCI card..No not PCIe..PCI only!Added more Memory...It's still crapp...but a better peice of crap than she started with...I built her a new rig for Xmas...Man am i glade that crappy rig is gone...Oh ya the PSU in the Great Quality went bad too...TAKE IT BACK...NOW! my 2cents worth...Good luck

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
GQ is a private label brand made especially for Fry's. I doubt I need to say much more than that... I'm not fond of ANY hardware Fry's sells, even their brand name items fail more often than they should...

I haven't heard anthing but problems from people with GQ PC's but it could be an exception. Personally I would return it if you can.. you don't state how old it is.

xyzunit

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
My brother bought a GQ computer a while back. For a while he couldn't get the CDRW drive to work, then he opened the case and realized the IDE cable was out.

At any rate, it's a fine computer for it's price, but it has the loudest mother effin' fans ever. People say they have fans that sound like jets taking off, when really they should say, "I have a fan that sounds like xyzunit's brother's fan on a good day."