Start Menu

How do I change the position of the start menu. It is now on the left side
of my screen and not on the bottom.
2 answers Last reply
More about start menu

    Hi Rod,

    Right-click the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar". Now, try to drag
    itto the bottom. do not drag it by clicking the taskbar edges (when the
    double-headed arrow appears). Click on the middle empty area on the taskbar
    and drag it towards the bottom.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    In news:9D68C749-93D9-4204-9E47-602D9ABA10FC@microsoft.com,
    Rod <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > How do I change the position of the start menu. It is now on
    > the
    > left side of my screen and not on the bottom.

    I assume you mean the task bar, not the Start menu. Although by
    default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen, it can
    be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any side
    to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
    where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
    clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it
    If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
    it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP