  • Start Menu
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 27, 2005 11:33:04 PM

How do I change the position of the start menu. It is now on the left side
of my screen and not on the bottom.

More about : start menu

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:32:35 PM

Hi Rod,

Right-click the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar". Now, try to drag
itto the bottom. do not drag it by clicking the taskbar edges (when the
double-headed arrow appears). Click on the middle empty area on the taskbar
and drag it towards the bottom.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I change the position of the start menu. It is now on the left
> side
> of my screen and not on the bottom.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 3:54:54 PM

In news:9D68C749-93D9-4204-9E47-602D9ABA10FC@microsoft.com,
Rod <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> How do I change the position of the start menu. It is now on
> the
> left side of my screen and not on the bottom.

I assume you mean the task bar, not the Start menu. Although by
default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen, it can
be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any side
to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it
If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

Please reply to the newsgroup
!