Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Why I think I must get a DX10 card when I get Vista...

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Games
  • Windows Vista
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 5, 2007 11:47:52 PM

I just watched a trailer for Hellgate. OMFG! Is this game available now? And Crysis is amazing!!!

I'm not into this genre of game, but I think I must get them!!!

I notice some of the hellgate trailers are from 2005. I'm surprised that programmers had access to DX10 technology 18 months ago.

More about : dx10 card vista

January 6, 2007 1:37:14 AM

How you know it was "DX10"?

Link to video too please. :p 
Related resources
January 6, 2007 1:48:01 AM

Theres one thing that i dont get about hellgate, why is London the only place thats being attacked? You would think that the evil demon things would attack other countrys or atleast other citys in the london area.
January 6, 2007 1:54:31 AM

Quote:
why is London the only place thats being attacked?

Hmmm, you know..... :lol: 
January 6, 2007 2:06:47 AM

I mean, if London is the only place thats being attacked just evac as many people as possible, then drop like 20 nukes from a plane, that would vaporize the city and everything in it. Problem solved.
January 6, 2007 2:14:27 AM

Quote:
I mean, if London is the only place thats being attacked just evac as many people as possible, then drop like 20 nukes from a plane, that would vaporize the city and everything in it. Problem solved.

London seems to be a popular target for disaster movies. I can think of two zombie flicks (28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead) off the top of my head that were both set in London.
January 6, 2007 2:17:39 AM

Quote:
I just watched a trailer for Hellgate. OMFG! Is this game available now? And Crysis is amazing!!!

I'm not into this genre of game, but I think I must get them!!!

I notice some of the hellgate trailers are from 2005. I'm surprised that programmers had access to DX10 technology 18 months ago.
That's because they didn't. Hellgate London is based off the Source engine and runs on Direct X9.0C.
January 6, 2007 2:26:33 AM

No, the game is still being worked on. Odds are it won't be out for a few more months, at least. Don't know if it'll need DX10 or not, but I HIGHLY doubt it. I say this because there probably won't be a bit enough market early on to satiate EA's needs for distribution. Same with Spore. But the main reason for it not being released yet is probably because they're still working on it.

Oh yeah, you probably won't need a DX10 card, either. My card is rated for a previous DX version, and it runs most games fine, as well as allowing DX9c to run fine. Might have lost some features though, not sure on that part.
January 6, 2007 2:26:39 AM

False warnings... :lol: 
January 6, 2007 2:37:13 AM

Quote:

London seems to be a popular target for disaster movies. I can think of two zombie flicks (28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead) off the top of my head that were both set in London.

Oh those were great movies :p 
January 6, 2007 2:37:53 AM

The game doesn't need DX10 to run... but with DX10 you will get some of the nice eye candy.

The game is going to look pretty sweet with just DX9 cards... but if you read their site, the DX10 will make rain, fog, fire etc look that much better!