Network Browsing Issue

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 28, 2005 4:34:27 PM

I have a customer that is able to browse the network most of the time,
however, he continues to get the following:

\\Server is not accessable.

There are currently no logon servers available to service your request.

Keep in mind, when he gets this message, he's already browsing the network
and can actually see other PC's. This happens when he tries to gain access
to one of these PCs. The PCs are shared correctly, etc. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated.

Also, this is the ONLY PC that's having this problem.

Thank again!

More about : network browsing issue

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 4:02:04 AM

Is this client set up to use the IP address for the DNS server on the Network for its DNS Server? Sounds like a Network issue. You can also set the autodisconnect to the maximum ffffffff in the registry:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\paramters

Trouble is I am finding once set the value does not persist over time.

--
George Hester

!