problem connecting to 2000 active directory server

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 28, 2005 9:06:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Our single Windows 2000 client is crashing when I add the computer to an
active directory domain. After entering the domain info into the System
control panel, a window pops up saying that the computer has been added to
the domain but then an hourglass icon appears and the computer crashes. The
machine was added to the domain. On reboot, the computer hangs when the
Windows splash screen says something like "Establishing network
connection". We configured the client with 2 WINS server addresses in tcp-
ip and through the System control panel. Is there something that we are
missing?

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:32:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

How about DNS configuration? Is there a DNS server running in the domain
and is the client looking only at that DNS server for name resolution?

!