What are you using to view this newsgroup?

Tags:
  • Outlook Express
  • Newsgroup
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2005 10:36:19 PM

I'm using Outlook Express myself..

More about : view newsgroup

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:42:35 AM

"Mattio" <mjr88@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p O2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05...
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

outlook also
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:41:22 AM

Mattio wrote:
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

Thunderbird from home and Google from work.

Christine in Vantaa, Finland
September 21, 2005 6:09:18 AM

"~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAMplease@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Mattio" <mjr88@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:p O2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05...
>> I'm using Outlook Express myself..
>>
> outlook also

Same
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 9:48:40 AM

In article <pO2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05>, Mattio <mjr88@cox.net>
wrote:

> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

I'm using Thoth myself...
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:26:47 AM

Mattio wrote:
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

Thunderbird
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:51:05 PM

"Mattio" <mjr88@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p O2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05...
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

Outlook at home. Google at work.

--
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
-Bertrand Russell

Bill Martin wrote:
> In article <pO2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05>, Mattio <mjr88@cox.net>
> wrote:
>

>>I'm using Outlook Express myself..
>

> I'm using Thoth myself...
what's that?
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 5:58:30 PM

"Mattio" <mjr88@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p O2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05...
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

So am I. More out of habit than liking.

I once tried Netscape's newsreader (many, many, many years ago) and *really*
didn't like it (it was so clumsy and torturous to use). So even though I
have Mozilla Suite with a newsreader and stuff for e-mail I haven't tried
it. Cowardly, I know, especially since I love Mozilla, especially for Neo.
So handy and easy to use.

I suppose one day I should get brave and try. But not today! I have been
saying that for a long time though.

daramark
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 6:09:44 PM

any1 wrote:
> Mattio wrote:
>
>> I'm using Outlook Express myself..
>>
> Thunderbird

Thunderbird here too

--
So long my unfairweather friend. I leave you here. Under the cloud where
the sidewalk ends. - Cindy Alexander

Outlook Express from home and Google from work
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 6:27:23 PM

>I'm using Outlook Express myself..

I go onto www.talkaboutgaming.com... if they're being slow, I use Outlook
Express also, but that's only happened once in the past 6 or 8 months.

-Lois
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:08:53 PM

In article <43313e86$0$11065$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, any1
<someone@somewhere.net> wrote:

> Bill Martin wrote:
> > In article <pO2Ye.11705$GQ4.10426@fed1read05>, Mattio <mjr88@cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>I'm using Outlook Express myself..
> >

> > I'm using Thoth myself...

> what's that?

Thoth is a yEnc enabled newsreader for Mac OS X, not being updated
anymore, but still it's nice.

It took its name from the Egyptian God for Wisdom
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:26:51 PM

Raindrop wrote:
> any1 wrote:
>
>> Mattio wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using Outlook Express myself..
>>>
>> Thunderbird
>

> Thunderbird here too

me more out of necessity: IE and OE do not work on my pc so I was very
happy that Thunderbird has a news-section too;-)

Henny
September 21, 2005 9:29:41 PM

Mattio [mjr88@cox.net] said
> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

Gravity.

And you can generally tell just by looking at the post headers.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:48:12 PM

Les wrote:
> Mattio [mjr88@cox.net] said
>
>>I'm using Outlook Express myself..
>>

> Gravity.
>
> And you can generally tell just by looking at the post headers.
what is Gravity?
September 21, 2005 10:51:38 PM

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> Les wrote:
> > Mattio [mjr88@cox.net] said
> >
> >>I'm using Outlook Express myself..
> >>

> > Gravity.
> >
> > And you can generally tell just by looking at the post headers.
> what is Gravity?

As per the question, it's a newsreader. :o )

And I can highly recommend it as one of the best.

http://gravity.tbates.org/
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:55:48 PM

Les wrote:
> any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
>
>>Les wrote:
>>
>>>Mattio [mjr88@cox.net] said

>>>Gravity.
>>>
>>>And you can generally tell just by looking at the post headers.
>>
>>what is Gravity?
>>

> As per the question, it's a newsreader. :o )
>
> And I can highly recommend it as one of the best.
>
> http://gravity.tbates.org/

well, I actually meant if it was only a newsreader or also mail.......
and for windows. I find it quite nice to have 1 program for both news
and mail.
September 21, 2005 11:55:49 PM

any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said
> Les wrote:
> > any1 [someone@somewhere.net] said

> >>what is Gravity?
> >>

> > As per the question, it's a newsreader. :o )
> >
> > And I can highly recommend it as one of the best.
> >
> > http://gravity.tbates.org/
> >
> well, I actually meant if it was only a newsreader or also mail.......

Ah OK. :o )))

> and for windows. I find it quite nice to have 1 program for both news
> and mail.

It only does Usenet and that is what makes it so much better than OE or
any other combined news/email client because the requirements for news
groups is quite different to email and there are none of the compromises
that are usually found with a newsreader that is tacked on to a mail
client.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 8:31:38 PM

Mattio wrote:

> I'm using Outlook Express myself..

Noworyta Newsreader - it's a good newsreader, deals with USENET properly
and I have no trouble connecting or replying to posts correctly. Like
some of the others who have replied on this, I also prefer to keep my
email and news separate. Also cuts down on incidences of top-posting and
wierd quoting, and I do try to stay on top of them. I tried Agent but it
confused me terribly! I know people who swear by it, but I struggled to
work it. NNR is nice and suits my purposes. It also comes in black on
grey, which suits my eyes :)

September 22, 2005 11:47:30 PM

Absynthia Ravenglass [absynthia_ravenglasss@yahoo.co.uk] said
> Mattio wrote:
>
> > I'm using Outlook Express myself..
> >

> Noworyta Newsreader - it's a good newsreader, deals with USENET properly
> and I have no trouble connecting or replying to posts correctly. Like
> some of the others who have replied on this, I also prefer to keep my
> email and news separate. Also cuts down on incidences of top-posting and
> wierd quoting, and I do try to stay on top of them. I tried Agent but it
> confused me terribly! I know people who swear by it, but I struggled to
> work it. NNR is nice and suits my purposes. It also comes in black on
> grey, which suits my eyes :)

Agent didn't suit me either, and I agree some people think it is
wonderful, so it goes to show that it is worth trying a few different
newsreaders before picking a favourite or trundling back to OE.
!