Which Surge/Battery Back up

hi
Which one of the three should i use on my HDTV

APC 500 Battery Backup with Surge and AVR
POWERMAX® 8 DBS+3
11-Outlet Home Theater/Satellite Surge Protector

$52.99 Brand: RadioShack
Catalog #: 61-2433 Model: 61-2433

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about which surge battery back

    david wrote:
    > hi
    > Which one of the three should i use on my HDTV
    >
    > APC 500 Battery Backup with Surge and AVR
    > POWERMAX® 8 DBS+3
    > 11-Outlet Home Theater/Satellite Surge Protector
    >
    > $52.99 Brand: RadioShack
    > Catalog #: 61-2433 Model: 61-2433
    >
    > thanks

    TVs tend to draw a lot of current. I'm not sure you want to use a
    battery backup on the TV itself. If you did, you'd have to use it on the
    HD receiver and all other necessary components... just so you could
    watch TV for 7 minutes until it all ran out. I use a battery backup on
    my DirecTivo to prevent unnecessary long reboot times and on my laptop
    hooked up to the home theater, but that's it. If others here use on the
    TV itself, they'll probably be able to offer more advice. BTW, I use an
    small APC that give me about 15 minutes on the Tivo before it shuts
    down... not to mention it beeps incessantly while on battery.

    --
    David G.

    Here in Florida power surges are a big problem. I use an APC 650 on my
    TV( uses about 350 watts) and a second unit (BE500) for my tuner, DVD, CD
    etc. It may be overkill but I feel it is cheap insurance.

    I have used APC units for about 10 years and am very satisfied.

    --
    "david" <athaided@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi
    > Which one of the three should i use on my HDTV
    >
    > APC 500 Battery Backup with Surge and AVR
    > POWERMAX® 8 DBS+3
    > 11-Outlet Home Theater/Satellite Surge Protector
    >
    > $52.99 Brand: RadioShack
    > Catalog #: 61-2433 Model: 61-2433
    >
    > thanks

HDTV Battery Home Theatre