Do CE devices adjust Daylight Savings Time?

April 3, 2005 12:56:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Chris Tilley once told me that the Jornada 720 HPC2000 does not auto
adjust its DST. I have found this to be incorrect as know for the
second time my HPC has auto adjusted DST for me. This is like my new
Palm Zire which does it automaticially as well. Every Windos CE device
I have owned auto does DST.

Do other PocketPC and Windows CE users have any problem with DST on
their devices?

John
--
Visit the JWPaul travel documentary video website
http://johnw.freeshell.org/JWPaul.com

John wrote:
> Chris Tilley once told me that the Jornada 720 HPC2000 does not auto
> adjust its DST. I have found this to be incorrect as know for the
> second time my HPC has auto adjusted DST for me. This is like my new
> Palm Zire which does it automaticially as well. Every Windos CE
device
> I have owned auto does DST.
>
> Do other PocketPC and Windows CE users have any problem with DST on
> their devices?
My HP680,my Dell Axim X5 and my Ipaqs adjusted perfectly.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 2:40:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Most, if not all CE devices should adjust for dst depending on the
timezone settings selected.

However, there have been some reports that newer ppc's did not adjust
correctly in some world regions recently, and some reports of ppc's in
the usa not adjusting correctly today.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
April 3, 2005 5:44:36 PM

John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chris Tilley once told me that the Jornada 720 HPC2000 does not auto
> adjust its DST.

No, this is what he told you last year at this time:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I15C21ECA

"WinCE 2.x can be a bit picky with looking at clock changes, sometimes
it does, sometimes it doesn't."

Not only is that distinctly different than saying it does not auto
adjust, it describes your own experience to a T, since it's worked for
you sometimes but not others.

--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://www.macconsult.com&gt; Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,
The Jornada 720 uses Windows CE btw.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"Mike Rosenberg" <mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote in message
> John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Chris Tilley once told me that the Jornada 720 HPC2000 does not auto
>> adjust its DST.
>
> No, this is what he told you last year at this time:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I15C21ECA
>
> "WinCE 2.x can be a bit picky with looking at clock changes, sometimes
> it does, sometimes it doesn't."
>
> Not only is that distinctly different than saying it does not auto
> adjust, it describes your own experience to a T, since it's worked for
> you sometimes but not others.
>
> --
> Mike Rosenberg
> <http://www.macconsult.com&gt; Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida
> <http://bogart-tribute.net&gt; Tribute to Humphrey Bogart
> Toyota Prius fans: Check out alt.autos.toyota.prius
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 2:51:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Ahhh, this is the beauty of living in Indiana (for the next few weeks,
anyway). I don't have to worry about whether or not my J720 auto-changes
for DST. :+)

While I don't really see the need to change, it appears our legislature
does. Until then, I'm in the blissful state of "set it and forget it". (no
pun intended)

Kenny

message news:eVaLlvGOFHA.244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Most, if not all CE devices should adjust for dst depending on the
> timezone settings selected.
>
> However, there have been some reports that newer ppc's did not adjust
> correctly in some world regions recently, and some reports of ppc's in
> the usa not adjusting correctly today.

April 7, 2005 4:33:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

My HP Jornada 728 HPC2000 automatically adjusted its clock this past weekend
as we went through the daylight saving time adjustment (Mountain Time in my
case).

!