  • Backup
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 28, 2005 6:05:02 AM

I am a new XP user and I can't find the data file backup utility in XP - -
please save me from a breakdown!!
--

More about : backup utility

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 8:17:27 AM

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup...

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jack Russell" wrote:

| I am a new XP user and I can't find the data file backup utility in XP - -
| please save me from a breakdown!!
| --
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 9:14:13 AM

Hi Jack,

XP Home? The backup utility is not installed by default.

HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jackrussell" <jackrussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a new XP user and I can't find the data file backup utility in XP - -
> please save me from a breakdown!!

January 28, 2005 12:06:29 PM

Rather than mess with NTBackup which is a little restrictive for the home
user, use a CDRW drive and software if fitted/installed.. you are not
obliged to make backups (saves to media other than the primary drive) with a
program that is either called backup or has backup as part of its name..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"jackrussell" <jackrussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a new XP user and I can't find the data file backup utility in XP - -
> please save me from a breakdown!!
> --

January 28, 2005 2:10:49 PM

jackrussell wrote:
> I am a new XP user and I can't find the data file backup utility in XP - -
> please save me from a breakdown!!

Home edition? try this:

Backup in Windows Home Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/tips/kell...

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and