Start up choices in win 2000 professional

Kostas

By starting up I get to choices - both the same: "start windows 2000
professional" - but only one is relevant as I have only one filesystem etc.

How can I delete the second choice in the menu or totally skip this first
screen?

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:59:06 -0700, kostas <kostas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>By starting up I get to choices - both the same: "start windows 2000
>professional" - but only one is relevant as I have only one filesystem etc.
>
>How can I delete the second choice in the menu or totally skip this first
>screen?

Control Panel / System
Select the Advanced tab.
Press Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Press the Edit button.
Remove the last line and save the file (c:\boot.ini)
Change the Time to display the operating system to the smallest number you can react to if you need to press F8.