Need help with Router unable to access internet

Teikoshen

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2001
I have a DSL-504 D-link router,

just bought it recently, problem now is that i can't use it to connect 2 of my pcs online,

I've tested my 2 other pcs with just a DSL modem (without router, not the DSL-504) and it works individually

PC1: Sony laptop, winXP pro
PC2: P4 win2k

after setting up the router as the instructions said, on the webpage setting for the router it says that i've connected the device to the internet, but when i try to access the internet from my IE from either one of my comps , both can't,

I tried pinging the router from my comps and it works, but when i try to ping anything outside eg:www.abc.com or something, it doesn't work. It says can't find the site.

Communication between the pcs also work, but just not communication to the internet :(

anyone could help? :( been stuck at it for along time and it's getting really fustrating :(

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
sounds more like a DNS issue to me. Have you got your DNS server addresses set up?

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
512MB DDR333
GF3 ti200 64MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB (Storage)
Maxtor 6GB (System)
Maxtor 120GB
LG 24x24x32 CDR
WIN2K PRo SP4

Teikoshen

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2001
THanks for the reply

For using wizard, i did, i used my first PC which runs windowsXP, the network setup wizard and select that this comp runs connects to a network (2nd choice), didn't work

As for DNS problem, i thoguht it was too, so i double checked the DNS addresses on the router using the webpage config, the DNS displayed there is correct, even the router says it is connected to the network, however the pc's itself says it is connected to the router but not the internet.

It's as if the LAN and the Internet are disconnected from each other in the router.

Thanks alot for your help guys :)