Certificate Services

About 6 weeks ago, our Enterprise CA stopped working. We cannot request or
create certs. And, we did not have a second CA on the domain.

This is the error I rec'd when I try to request a cert. It doesn't matter
whether I request as a user or Enterprise Admin.

Certificate Request Denied

Your certificate request was denied.

Your Request Id is 1117. The disposition message is "Denied by Policy Module
0x80094800, The request was for a certificate template that is not supported
by the Certificate Services policy: User. ".

I noticed this error in the event logs of my DCs: Automatic enrollment
against the certification authority george for a certificate of type
DomainController has failed. (0x80094800) The requested certificate template
is not supported by this CA.
.. Another certification authority will be tried.

I'm not too CA savy. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Lori

P.S. Now we are seeing other problems on the domain that we suspect is
related to the CA.

Forgot to mention that we are a Windows 2000 Domain (Native). The CA is a
2003 Server.

"Lori" wrote:

> About 6 weeks ago, our Enterprise CA stopped working. We cannot request or
> create certs. And, we did not have a second CA on the domain.
>
> This is the error I rec'd when I try to request a cert. It doesn't matter
> whether I request as a user or Enterprise Admin.
>
> Certificate Request Denied
>
> Your certificate request was denied.
>
> Your Request Id is 1117. The disposition message is "Denied by Policy Module
> 0x80094800, The request was for a certificate template that is not supported
> by the Certificate Services policy: User. ".
>
> I noticed this error in the event logs of my DCs: Automatic enrollment
> against the certification authority george for a certificate of type
> DomainController has failed. (0x80094800) The requested certificate template
> is not supported by this CA.
> . Another certification authority will be tried.
>
> I'm not too CA savy. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Lori
>
> P.S. Now we are seeing other problems on the domain that we suspect is
> related to the CA.

Darlene

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003

We are having the same issue and are in the same environment (Windows 2000
Domain and our Exchange Server is Windows 2003.) We had similiar and other
issue once before when we implemented 2003 SP1. We backed it off and had
been running fine. We implemented 2003 SP1 this last Saturday and now are
not able to
issue certificates again. Have you had any replies on how to fix the problem?