thefear

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Hey guys, Im thinking about getting a new sound card, because the one i have now (SoundMAX with the X-Hair MOBO) just sounds terrible, and the microphone always doesnt work properly..
So i was planning on getting an X-FI soundcard from Creative, So the 2 cards i have in mind are the Fatal1ty or the Premium, But the main thing i need help with is what are the differences? As far as im aware the Fatal1ty has the X-RAM thing, where as the Premium doesn't have it,
So are their any other differences that are a real big thing, other than the price :) I use 5.1 Speakers and play lots of online games, so sound quality is sorta important.. Okay dudes thanks for the help!! :D

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
The quality of your speakers determine the sound more than any single thing.

You need to be aware that with sound cards, and Creative cards in particular, basic the hardware is virtually the same in each product configuration, many of the changes are software features and don't directly effect the sound.

As for the differences, going to the Creative website will probably help you figure out the differences. If you need someone to list the differences out of convenience, looking up sound card reviews may help you more than anything.

Santino

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
The quality of your speakers determine the sound more than any single thing.

You need to be aware that with sound cards, and Creative cards in particular, basic the hardware is virtually the same in each product configuration, many of the changes are software features and don't directly effect the sound.

As for the differences, going to the Creative website will probably help you figure out the differences. If you need someone to list the differences out of convenience, looking up sound card reviews may help you more than anything.

well yes your speakers do greatly determine the sound quality more than anthing else the x-fi is leaps and bounds better than any onboard sound, and yeah the difference between any of the different x-fi isn't all that much all that difference between them. but theirs no x-fi Premium so im guessing you mean platinum, they only difference between the platinum and the Fatal1ty is that the faltal1ty has the x-ram, they both have the front bay and the remote