  • Firewalls
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 28, 2005 10:23:05 AM

I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
for any help you all may have.

More about : msn windows messenger dsl

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 10:15:20 PM

"Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
>and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
>invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
>problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
>and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
>and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
>for any help you all may have.

If you do not get further help from here, post this to

--
(tm)
January 29, 2005 10:15:21 PM

Thank you for the advice - I will post there.

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
> >and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
> >invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
> >problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
> >and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
> >and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
> >for any help you all may have.
>
> If you do not get further help from here, post this to
>
> --
> (tm)

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:24:48 PM

"Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the advice - I will post there.

You are welcome.

--
(tm)