Msn/Windows Messenger using DSL

I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
for any help you all may have.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger

    "Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
    >and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
    >invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
    >problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
    >and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
    >and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
    >for any help you all may have.

    If you do not get further help from here, post this to

    --
    (tm)

    Thank you for the advice - I will post there.

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I am curious if anyone would have a solution....I recently switched to DSL
    > >and now I am unable to "invite" anyone for a voice conversation. They can
    > >invite me and I can talk but I am unable to invite them. I previously had no
    > >problems when using a cable internet provider. I am running Windows XP SP2
    > >and the DSL modem/portal is a 2wire. I have my Norton's firewall turned off
    > >and also my XP firewall as 2wire has it's own built in firewall. Thank you
    > >for any help you all may have.
    >
    > If you do not get further help from here, post this to
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Fuzzy" <Fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thank you for the advice - I will post there.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)

Firewalls Windows XP